Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Is "SmartName" a legit company? Got a very strange response to my application....

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After seeing some rather well designed sites for single-word .info domains, I decided to give them a try with a few of my high value single word .info domains.

After having my time wasted by other companies, I now only test with a few before spending more time on a switch.

Here is their response:
"Regretfully, your domain names did not meet our minimum quality requirements for our Domain Monetization Platforms. If you have other names, please feel free to re-apply"

The domains I submitted were higher value that the ones they already have running. Also, they apparently didn't read their own application -- I have several thousand domains, so it's amusing they ask "if you have any other names".

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So far this year, the domains I have at SmartName have gotten 800 unique visitors, 1200+ pageviews, and a total of 5 cents in revenue. So you may not be missing much.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
About two years ago I got that exact message when I submitted PrivateInvestigators dot c 0 m so...not sure if it is an automated response or not, but I would not even bother with them.

DomainSearch

Level 4
Reaction score
contact someone directly via email or just call them and they will approve your account, the system makes for nice looking parked pages, but revenue potential is the same as any other parking company, just looks better and has the nice contact link "for sale" across the top.

MichaelJ137

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Parking is in the TANK. Do yourself a favor and develop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom