Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Is there a broker in Domain Business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamaltq

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
You know that there is a broker in all kind of businesses, is there a domain broker, and if yes where can find it, I am not talking about broker sites like Sedo ...
Any Info with thanks.

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think half of the established members of this forum are domain brokers on the side..just do a search.

jamaltq

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you Credit , the members here buying the domains and kept it until they find another buyer, but the broker take your domain direct to the end user for a commission, are those people available ??

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you Credit , the members here buying the domains and kept it until they find another buyer, but the broker take your domain direct to the end user for a commission, are those people available ??

there are a lot of "wanna-bee" brokers out here

meaning they wanna be coming up off of your domains :)

if you do go with a broker, find someone with an established track record

but if your domain isn't up to par, many of the best won't even bother

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are a few qualified brokers on this board.
They work on a commission basis, so it only makes to hire a broker if you have solid domains to sell.
Nobody is going to spend days chasing end user to pimp low value domains (<$10K).

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know one who is an attorney (actually, a couple).

This makes it much easier being that, even if you use a broker, there will be some legal documents to sign either on the front end, back end, or both.

However, they are not going to handle sub-prime nonsensical junk domains.

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Doc Com, I would be interested to know who the attorney/broker guys you mention are (and possibly other people would be interested too).
I would not provide that information by simply posting it or sending of pm's as a matter of principle.

The last thing this person(s) needs is numerous emails from people pawning names.

Last edited:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure I know who at least a few of them are, and yes, they provide a good seller's protection, a legal backbone for the transaction and even escrow service as part of their "brokerage" service, but to my knowledge do little to market and publicize the name(s), which in my opinion should be part of the service.
I am not saying that you do or do not know who the person(s) are. But I can not see it getting any better than one-on-one service.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How we can determine those qualified brokers ???
Well, there is a 'broker wanted section' on this forum :)
Post your names and requirements and you'll see.

jamaltq

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have checked it , not too much Replies there, and some of those brokers selling domains in this forum, so why I need them???

floname

Hopeless Domainiac
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Jamal,

I checked out the domains listed on the site in your signature. Are these the ones your seeking brokerage for?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are very few domains that justify brokerage efforts.

Good domains do sell easily at the right price, because you normally receive unsolicited offers on a regular basis...
A broker can still be useful to boost the sale of ultra-premium domains when you want to drive end users into a bidding war.

I've done some brokerage too and in my view the supply of 'worthy' domains is very narrow.
Brokers can't do miracles and easily sell stuff that nobody wants.

floname

Hopeless Domainiac
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are very few domains that justify brokerage efforts.

Good domains do sell easily at the right price, because you normally receive unsolicited offers on a regular basis...
A broker can still be useful to boost the sale of ultra-premium domains when you want to drive end users into a bidding war.

I've done some brokerage too and in my view the supply of 'worthy' domains is very narrow.
Brokers can't do miracles and easily sell stuff that nobody wants.

I couldn't agree with you more! Great names sell themselves. A good broker is well connected & can get the exposure that good names deserve.

Now Jamal,

in regards to some of the names that you own. You have some obvious Trademark issues in your portfolio. Your asking for trouble just by indicating that you own them with public whois, let alone listing them on a website for sale. I strongly recommend you read the "Trademark & Legal Issues" section of the forum here. When you finish reading it, then read it again. Then, go to your domain manager & delete them into oblivion!

If your domains to be brokered aren't of significantly higher quality than the names on domains-site, you won't find a broker (at least not a qualified one) that will even try to sell them for you.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
call it broker or referral or baker, what it counts is the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom