Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Is there a drag and drop program for creating websites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sionnach

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Im just wondering is there is a drag and drop/copy and paste program for designing webpages.Im a newbie learning to design and something like this could give me a headstart,some sort of simple program that you can drag a rectangle,.click it and click red or whatever like in Microsoft Paint,then put text in it and so on,writing the code as you design it.Thanks guys!

Domain Days 2024

jazzpetals

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you want an easy lesson on html, css, etc. go to lisaexplains.com, it was written by a kid for kids, so it is very simple and you will learn to make a webpage in a jiffy.

Sionnach

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
tut tut tut thats a parked page! :p

Vorty

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lissaexplains.com (he missed the "s")

btw, I don't know nothing like that Sionnach. Why don't you start looking to some templates and try to figure out how it was done in Dreamweaver. See here: openwebdesign.org

It's not very hard to do one simple website =)
Good luck anyway

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
try homestead.com, I use them myself, it's all drag and drop, cut and paste, easy to use text boxes and the sites look good. I can build miniwebsites very quickly for my domains. I think their accounts start at around $10/month

Sionnach

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks alot for the input guys,il give them all a try.

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Xsitepro.com is what you're after. Good luck.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thing is if you want valid code that doesn't get butchered in different browsers you should avoid these simple build applications - and for good measure don't go near frontpage - the single worst code comes from that thing!

I say this because if you ever want to sell the site many people like me will take a good peek at the source code and if it's all butchered and takes us hours to correct we may just move on.

Another reason for valid code - search engines like it. Bots will be able to crawl the entire page and find all your sub-pages easily every time. So avoid using tables and javascript where possible because these can trap and confuse crawlers.

There are many opensource template places that offer valid html, and xhtml templates. Open one up in notepad or a similar type application and browse through the code. If it is well written it will have <!--- comments all over like this ---> <!--- like google adsense code goes here ----> etc.

It only takes a couple of hours to learn the basics of an html template. It could be the best couple hours of time spent.

Talkhost

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I agree that frontpage will butcher your code, and I would never use it now..
But when I was first learning html, it was frontpage that I used to learn the basics... worked wonders for me a few years ago.. as I was able to add things to web pages then view the source code to see what the changes were..
There are more likely better ways to learn basic HTML but this is how I done it :)

If you want proper tutorials etc you can't go wrong with http://www.w3schools.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom