Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Is there a market for a domain availability checker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

janwillem

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Yesterday i was in a creative mood and started looking for a couple of good domainnames. I stumpled across many so i decided that it might be handy to automate the process a bit.

I made a program that accept main words and custom words.

So when using main word: forum and custom words: resource, directory is entered the following list is generated:
forumresource.com
resourceforum.com
forumdirectory.com
directoryforum.com
The program checks is the domains in list are available.

Screenshot:
http://img61.echo.cx/img61/9714/cd4dh.gif

I discovered that's a real timesaver. It's currently only used for personal goals (no super features, no fancy looks and things).

But i'm wondering is there a market for such programs? Or is there maybe already such a program on the market?

Note: it doesn't flood the whois server, only does one check in 5 seconds (multithreaded program, so it can do more then 1 thing at a time)

Thanks. d:)

janwillem

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! :party:

But as you all noticed there is indeed already software on the market that does the job. This one is going into the freezer %+|

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
janwillem said:
Thanks for the replies! :party:
But as you all noticed there is indeed already software on the market that does the job. This one is going into the freezer %+|
Well, janwillem (Dutch?), maybe you can improve it, building in more features. Or you could market the current version to non-domainers...
And here's another idea: You could release it and give it away for free as a promotional tool/incentive promoting your website/services!

Best of luck!

Groeten,
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom