Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Is there a tool or software that will break a domain in to keywords...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cashcows

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Strip off the domain extension and then separate out the keywords and spit out a list of separated words.

Basically the exact reverse process of what you do to find good keyword names. I'm really tired of doing it manually for my names when I need to do some keyword research. If so please PM I don't live in the forums.

Example:
FreeComputerSystems.com --> free computer systems

But when you have 3000 names and are buying and selling it's a pain in the ass.

twenty-three

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you can't find anything I can write one. Just let me know.

twenty-three

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Strip off the domain extension and then separate out the keywords and spit out a list of separated words.

Basically the exact reverse process of what you do to find good keyword names. I'm really tired of doing it manually for my names when I need to do some keyword research. If so please PM I don't live in the forums.

Example:
FreeComputerSystems.com --> free computer systems

But when you have 3000 names and are buying and selling it's a pain in the ass.

if you buy keyword enriched domains, then no other software or tool is needed

but if you're smart and know how to read between the lines.... some of what you seek is already being done for those who use ppc's

drondeau

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OK, so I come onto DNF today, ready to post this exact question !
I have been looking around for a tool, but I cant find one.
Im interested in talking to you, twenty-three, because it sounds like only a custom tool will do the job....

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are a few tools, and I don't mean to spam, but I really don't know of anyone else offering these.

I developed a multi-language word parser. It's very time consuming to make one that is very fast, supports multiple languages and can handle large loads. My tool is server based, but you can use desktop applications to access it as well.

The following tools will do the job:

1. EstiBot.com, all appraisals will parse domains into words. There is a seperate tool that specifically does word parsing and nothing else. http://www.estibot.com/word_parser.php
2. DomainResearchTool.com (desktop based app) - Uses the same word parsing technology via API (not enabled in demo copies)
3. DomainPlex.com - The same technology offered via API for bulk queries in the millions per day.

Good luck,
Luc

Last edited:

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Luc,

I am looking for something similar which would automatically capitalize the words but not necessary to add spaces since I already did that by hand.

i.e. Word1Word2Word3Word4.com or whatever

There are a few tools, and I don't mean to spam, but I really don't know of anyone else offering these.

I developed a multi-language word parser. It's very time consuming to make one that is very fast, supports multiple languages and can handle large loads. My tool is server based, but you can use desktop applications to access it as well.

The following tools will do the job:

1. EstiBot.com, all appraisals will parse domains into words. There is a seperate tool that specifically does word parsing and nothing else. http://www.estibot.com/word_parser.php
2. DomainResearchTool.com (desktop based app) - Uses the same word parsing technology via API (not enabled in demo copies)
3. DomainPlex.com - The same technology offered via API for bulk queries in the millions per day.

Good luck,
Luc

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can use the API for that, and a line of PHP code.

The ucwords function in php capitalizes words, then you can replace the spaces with nothing using str_replace. However, you need to use the API (it allows for single or bulk submissions). I don't know of any other way of doing it. If you know PHP, feel free to apply for an API account David and I'll approve it.

Thanks,
Luc

Cashcows

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if you buy keyword enriched domains, then no other software or tool is needed

but if you're smart and know how to read between the lines.... some of what you seek is already being done for those who use ppc's

What do you mean no other tool is needed?

And I have several keyword and domain tools and none of them do this. I need a tool that will do this and I'm not interested in a service with monthly fee. So that rules out Estibot.com

I just want to break my domains down to run them though google keyword tool and see which are searched for the most. There has t be an easy way of doing this automatically out there in fairly inexpensive tool.

There are several tools that go the other direct from keywords into domains.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can use the API for that, and a line of PHP code.

The ucwords function in php capitalizes words, then you can replace the spaces with nothing using str_replace. However, you need to use the API (it allows for single or bulk submissions). I don't know of any other way of doing it. If you know PHP, feel free to apply for an API account David and I'll approve it.

Thanks,
Luc

Thanks Luc but I am not too technical or a programmer and don't know much about using php, or what ucwords is, str_replace, or what your api account is or how to apply for it?

chipmeade

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Luc,

I am looking for something similar which would automatically capitalize the words but not necessary to add spaces since I already did that by hand.

i.e. Word1Word2Word3Word4.com or whatever

Simple Solution: Put your domains (with spaces) into Word, highlight them, click on Format/Change Case. Select TitleCase. Then select all again, select edit/replace. and Replace all " " with nothing. You also might want to replace ".Com" with ".com" as well

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Chip. You have showed how the most simple solution is often best, i.e. Occams Razor: ""If you have two theories that both explain the observed facts, then you should use the simplest until more evidence comes along" - "The simplest explanation for some phenomenon is more likely to be accurate than more complicated explanations." - "If you have two equally likely solutions to a problem, choose the simplest." - "The explanation requiring the fewest assumptions is most likely to be correct."

Domainsource

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Found a neat site that does word splitting
http://tools.domainsbot.com/secured/default.aspx

Inludes following Tools you can also import up to 1000 domains pretty cool features ( No i do not own this site )

- Domain Classifier
- Multilanguage Domain Splitter
- Keyword Language Classifier
- Phonetic Language Classifier
- Typo Generator

tradingnames.org

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah I just use estibot for that, it doesn’t detect them all and makes a bit of a mess of the odd one “fo r exa mple”, but on the whole it does an ok job, you do need to read through your list afterwards to correct those kind of errors though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom