Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Is there a way to set default nameservers and default whois details?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erdinc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I regularly buy domains at godaddy expired auctions and after each purchase I have to go in and change nameservers to ns1.sedoparking.com and change the email on the whois to something different than my account email.

Is there a way to set default nameserver and whois details? I checked every setting and read all help pages but still can't find a way to do it. I know about preset profiles but this doesn't solve the problem because I still have to go in to domain manager and change the nameservers and whois.

I also tried "buyer profiles" and it doesn't work even though I set it as default. For some reason those settings get completely ignored. Any ideas?

I'm especially annoyed about whois settings because I don't like my account email in the whois.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I regularly buy domains at godaddy expired auctions and after each purchase I have to go in and change nameservers to ns1.sedoparking.com and change the email on the whois to something different than my account email.

Is there a way to set default nameserver and whois details? I checked every setting and read all help pages but still can't find a way to do it. I know about preset profiles but this doesn't solve the problem because I still have to go in to domain manager and change the nameservers and whois.

I also tried "buyer profiles" and it doesn't work even though I set it as default. For some reason those settings get completely ignored. Any ideas?

I'm especially annoyed about whois settings because I don't like my account email in the whois.

A GoDaddy help line person told me that you cannot set default names servers
You have to change them after registering the name every time. Same for an expired auction presumably
Sucks
Not sure about the default email
It doesn't bother me because I might get a sale enquiry through whois

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I spent a long time trying to figure it out and it appears there is no way to set default nameservers, which sucks.

An acct exec who I spoke to (when my main exec was on vacation) said it can be done by moving the domain(s) into a preset profiles but after wasting lots of time doing that it does not change the nameservers, so it was bad advice.

Real annoying if you change nameservers often such as buying new names, and often switching between parking programs, or non-parking. Its' really weird GD does not have default dns as most every other registrar routinely offers.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear I'm not the only one...

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The default setting are, of course, GoDaddy's own landers and ad filled pages. Unless you do change them, all clicks go to GD. Imagine all the names out there that have never been changed.

Also, in checking out for new purchases, you can set nameservers in Step 2. This helps and saves time in the long run.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I always have to log in to fix names won through tdnam.
Amazed at how much time and research they devoted to wasting your time with their unfriendly UI.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yup. Even on Moniker you can change and set default settings.

Right, it's a real easy to use feature at Moniker (and elsewhere too such as Fab (where you have unlimited default DNS settings).

At GD today I tried going to the Park My Domains NS option thinking it would bring up a sub-screen where you can set the nameservers but instead it automatically instantly changed all names on page to GD parking. That really sucks because I had to go back in and figure out how the NS was set before and change them all away from GD. Real annoying and time wasting. Even involved money-losing downtime at my regular parking provider. No Godaddy user default DNS sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom