Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Is there a...

Status
Not open for further replies.

danield

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
...whois-type search tool where you can search domains by owner?

Example, I want to see all the domains Joe Bloggs owns, I type in his name in the search and wham, up comes a list of the domains that he owns matched through whois records.

If there isn't something like that already, one of you smarties best make it! :D

M

mole

The only service around for this for .BIZ, http://www.whobiz.biz . Depending on the depth of your search, you will have to fork out real money for this.

But remember that registrants of names can and do change their whois details and mix them up across different domains. That can royally screw what you are attempting to do.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
http://openaccess.dialog.com/ip/

Not free, and potentially incomplete (as it doesn't have every registrar in its database, only some of the big ones), but it's the best out there.

danield

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hmm very interesting.

It just seems like something so basic that it should be already done -- and free, when you think of the way that the information is freely available anyway, it would just be a search/filtering option.

I'm not trying to do anything or have any specific thought in mind, it's just something I thought of when I was doing a whois.

In some ways I'm against this information being publicly available the way it is, but if they're going to do it -- why not go the whole way and someone should script this for their whois engine, it would surely attract good attention for a whois site.

M

mole

You may need a supercomputer to do all that processing across the different gTLDs after registry query is compiled, let alone ccTLDs.

Don't forget that .COM uses a thin registry while .BIZ and .INFO uses a thick registry, so that complicates field considerations multifold.

And after all that effort, the value could be worth ziltch. Plus the fact that privacy laws could throw the service to high heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom