Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Is there any value in .orgs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

udt89

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Just curious what their value is.

are you limited to what you can do with them as far as selling things on them?

I have a few .org's i might register, but not sure if its worth the time.

can some people post values of other .orgs?

Fawkes

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It depends my friend had clansa.org and got offered about 200$ by it for a clan named Silent Assassins, it really depends on what its going to be used for

cogeek

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
M

mole

.ORGs are valuable for its intended non-profit purposes. The fixation with speculative and resale prices is what is blinding a lot of domainers today to the true value of Internet addressing.

Everyone says, get .COM, its the only extension that brings you real money and type-in traffic. No wonder the relevance of Internet addressing is so messed up, at least on these forums where resale is the only thing worth considering.

windyreddy

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I like .orgs which signify :

Professions / community oriented: butlers.org, Accountants.org
Personal Names: james.org, janet.org
Geographical names: losangeles.org, arabia.org

Sales for others like products & services depend a lot on if there are motivated buyers.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Funny that you mentioned losangeles.org. It dropped a few days ago. :)

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Of cource it is! Did you think this will stay unregistered for more than a milisecond?

cogeek

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nope, but waht do you mean by dropped? e?

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like (loved: used to love) .org too. Apart from its original purpose of serving the non-profit sector, it also renders some kind of personal, non-commerical connotation that makes your website project stand out as cool/non-mainstream. However, with the overwhelming popularity of .com even among the non-profit sector in recent years, using a .org inevitably loses to your .com counterpart. The reality is: when you tell people that you are e.g. fightcancer.org, people go home and type in fightcancer.com!

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All domains that expire, drop.
Then some are reregistered.

cogeek

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks, i get it now,
mprabo re dvdtrip

harleyx

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nameslave said:
I like (loved: used to love) .org too. Apart from its original purpose of serving the non-profit sector, it also renders some kind of personal, non-commerical connotation that makes your website project stand out as cool/non-mainstream. However, with the overwhelming popularity of .com even among the non-profit sector in recent years, using a .org inevitably loses to your .com counterpart. The reality is: when you tell people that you are e.g. fightcancer.org, people go home and type in fightcancer.com!

Proven so perfectly by Dick Cheney in his remarks about factcheck.com (he meant .org). The majority of regular folks are still dimly aware domains other than .com even exist. Of course, when you're George Bush and you've got multiple internets to worry about, you can hardly be bothered with things like domain extensions :bandit:

E

eid

I Love To Buy .org Domains
I Have 10 Right Now And I Am Planning To Buy More From DN FORUM Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom