Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Is there something wrong with Google Adsense ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameWolf

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

Is there something wrong with Google Adsense ? It seems that for the last two-three days, impressions as well as click throughs' are not getting tracked correctly. We are also running internal counters and while I see no change in traffic for the sites, Adsense is missing 50 % of the impressions and nearly 100% of the clickthroughs' when compared with the past days.

Are you experiencing similar issues ?

Regards,

NW

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameWolf said:
Hello Guys, Is there something wrong with Google Adsense ? It seems that for the last two-three days, impressions as well as click throughs' are not getting tracked correctly. We are also running internal counters and while I see no change in traffic for the sites, Adsense is missing 50 % of the impressions and nearly 100% of the clickthroughs' when compared with the past days. Are you experiencing similar issues ?
Regards, NW

If your days in question are Friday and yesterday, Sat., I noticed starting several weeks ago a big decline in impressions and income on Saturday's (and also Friday's to a lesser extent). My Saturday & Friday stats are now similar to stats of last year even though impressions on most week days (Monday-Thurs) are up significantly since then, but Sat is at all time record low levels.

Another oddity is Sat of 2 weeks ago (and possibly last Sat too, and Friday of 1 week ago) it appeared that G stopped recording impressions and clicks in the afternoon and the final data for the day at midnight was the same as the mid-afternoon stats, which of course is impossible.

Writing to G about these issues met with no good answers to the puzzle in their replies. I can only guess why. Perhaps G is tinkering with their algorithm and decided to experiment using Sat and Friday data since it will be less noticable and have less impact than other days. It's also possible G has computer problems near weeks-end for some odd reason.

phrone

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I noticed something wrong aslo.. not sure what it is, but I'm only getting about .13 a day now and it's bothering me ;)

You know those all white with black text ads? Well someone told me that those show up on your page because you dont have enough stuff on it for GOogle to pick what ads to put up.. is this true? He also told me that they do not count for $$..

a2zofb2b

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameWolf said:
Hello Guys,

Is there something wrong with Google Adsense ? It seems that for the last two-three days, impressions as well as click throughs' are not getting tracked correctly. We are also running internal counters and while I see no change in traffic for the sites, Adsense is missing 50 % of the impressions and nearly 100% of the clickthroughs' when compared with the past days.

Are you experiencing similar issues ?

Regards,

NW

Checkout the posting at http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum89/3016.htm

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
on the positive side...in my account view, it shows my last payment was approved twice...one week after another...does this mean I will get another check next week?

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Been off by 66% (on average) since the new "relevancy" changes.

They said revenue might drop for some, but our ads are the same and I know the advertisers are not paying less.

So, where's all that lost $$ going? G O O G L E

Greedy bastards.

-Wesley

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We all have said it best. It would be nice if DNForum partnered with Google so we could get some answers to these questions. Sedo and Google would be a nice 1-2 punch.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ClassicNames.com said:
We all have said it best. It would be nice if DNForum partnered with Google so we could get some answers to these questions. Sedo and Google would be a nice 1-2 punch.

Great idea, perhaps it is possible if DCG pursues it.

G is real good at replying fast and personally (rarely automated replies in my experience) to questions but the problem is it appears the person responding half the time simply used a canned read from a script, and the other half the time tries hard to answer personally but simply is not knowledgable on the issue so the issue is not answered corectly.

checknme

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Blah this sucks. Elgoog is being elscrooge. My revenue is way down on some sites :(

By the way, many of you have probably seen this a long time ago but try making a search here - http://www.alltooflat.com/geeky/elgoog/ - I can't stop calling google "elgoog" ever since...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom