Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Is there value in selling a domian along with a corporation with same name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmazurjr

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I own the domain, ClientSwitchBoard.com, was originally going to start up a lead generation company around it. I formed a florida corporation, ClientSwitchboard, Inc. to go along with it. Because of time commitments, I was not able to launch the project. There is a placeholder website, but never got the concept off the ground. Now I am thinking about selling the domain and was wondering if there might be more value in packaging it with the corporation. Let me know your thoughts! Thanks.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It appears to me that you have just complicated the sale by the corporation. Rather than focus on the domain, perhaps it would be best for you to pitch the idea of selling the corporation and then let potential buyers know that the sale includes the accompanying domain name.

There are other issues as such being that you are in Florida. Will the corp transfer or are there accompanying fees?

mmazurjr

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good point. The transfer of the coproration is not that expensive, under $200.00.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And, believe it or not, there is an aftermarket for LLC, INC's, etc. The more age it has, the greater the value.

In a sense it is something like domains in that people want to buy the traffic (customers) that used to be associated with that corporation.

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree, this makes it much more complicated. Anybody who uses the domain may do so under any LLC. I suppose it may help a bit to have a matching name, but don't expect it to carry a significant premium.

mmazurjr

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Not sure which way to go now, sell the domain or try and sell the corp.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Selling the domain as a business asset offers substantial tax benefits. Consult with an accountant for the details.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is a market for aged, off the shelf companies.
There is also a market for good, aged domains.
The difficulty here is to find a buyer that wants both.

Corporations can be renamed, in certain cases 'foreign' reincorporation in another US State is possible, while preserving the original incorporation date.

But you can't rename domains.
And I assume the company has not traded so it has no particular assets of its own.
If you can sell the domain, do it.
Keep the corporation active and sell it as off the shelf for a profit in ten years.
I suppose FL companies can be renamed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom