Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

is this a decent idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonobby1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
going through snap pool etc and picking up domains that have dropped, but not the big .coms because they seem out of reach to me. but what i was thinking smaller established websites. now im sure the owner would want his domain name back, so you could sell it back to him? does this happen?
an example say would be teamroping.com that expires tomorow.
any thoughts on this please?
my only concern would be that they woud be pretty upset at me for regging there domain that expired and trying to sell it back to him/her?

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That may have been something to do in 2000-2001 when large companies would forget to renew their domain names. I would think that 9/10 domains that are dropped now are on purpose or something beyond their control, ie, Prison, death, etc.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
going through snap pool etc and picking up domains that have dropped, but not the big .coms because they seem out of reach to me. but what i was thinking smaller established websites. now im sure the owner would want his domain name back, so you could sell it back to him? does this happen?
an example say would be teamroping.com that expires tomorow.
any thoughts on this please?
my only concern would be that they woud be pretty upset at me for regging there domain that expired and trying to sell it back to him/her?

competion is tough and if you have a name you're interested in catching, then it's best to keep it low profile.

buying names with the hopes of selling it back to the past owner, accounts for less than 5% of most domain sales imo.

buying to hopefully sell to anyone is the goal, or buying for traffic hoping that it will be a source of revenue.

Even though i agree with "Rockefeller" when he pointed out that...

"That may have been something to do in 2000-2001 when large companies would forget to renew their domain names"

i still think some may still operate this niche'.

however, i wouldn't be concerned with whether or not the past owners got upset with me....they should be upset with themselves for not handling their business! :)

sonobby1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well i thank you for the input rockefeller, biggedon, that was just an example which i wont be going for, but we newbies gotta start somewhere, so even if i can get a domain of snap/pool for $60, then sell it back on to the owner for £100-$300, im still making a profit. thats what im thinking anyways.
regards
si

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom