Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

is this a potential legal issue? I am still fuming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow!!!!

I never seen anything like this, good luck!

DomainGoon

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No. All you have to do is email them and they will open your account up to Enom transfers.

Why even make an issue out of it at all?

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomainGoon
Why even make an issue out of it at all?

Because it is an unnecessary inconvenience and it makes me look bad to my clients, who pay me to handle these kinds of things because I market myself as an expert.

There was a delicately timed procedure in place that has now been blown because of this totally discriminatory and unreasonable policy.

DomainGoon

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by FrontRow

There was a delicately timed procedure in place that has now been blown because of this totally discriminatory and unreasonable policy.

You should always expect the unexpected when dealing with registrar transfers. :)

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess I got spoiled by a long string of easy successful transfers from a number of registrars

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Because it is an unnecessary inconvenience and it makes me look bad to my clients"

No. As someone who manages a fair number of domains through BR, what makes it look as if you were not doing your job is the fact that you failed to read the notices at the BR site about transfers to Enom. If you had, you would have known that you need to get in touch with BR first to confirm an Enom transfer.

"totally discriminatory and unreasonable policy"

Not at all. I imagine things have improved, and I'm familiar with folks at Enom, but the simple fact is that there was a very, very large numbers of domain names that were hi-jacked a while ago through Enom. This was quite a while ago, but I can remember when it seemed like I was getting about a call every other day for a month, in which someone was complaining about their domain name being the subject of an unauthorized transfer to Enom.

Under the current transfer policy, the losing registrar can deny a transfer to the gaining registrar if the losing registrar reasonably believes that the gaining registrar uses an inadequate confirmation mechanism.

BR made a perfectly reasonable decision to nack transfers to Enom, instead of tying up their entire support staff 24/7 to deal with the volume of unauthorized transfer that were being sent to Enom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom