Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Is this a scam or a bug from eNom's ID Protect service

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mole

I don't own ___.org but this came through the cryptic email that eNom sends out into my email box. Could be a hoax though. But if its a bug, I better do something about my IDP accounts prompto. Anybody got something like this:? -----

A request has been received to transfer the domain magicfingers.org to Dynamic DNS Network Services, LLC, an authorized Reseller of the domain Registrar OpenSRS/Tucows. This request was entered at Mon Dec 1 13:41:20 2003 by Bob Tito. If you have questions about this transfer, please contact Dynamic DNS Network Services, LLC.

This transfer will be processed by OpenSRS/Tucows (Tucows Inc), a ICANN accredited Registrar on behalf of Dynamic DNS Network Services, LLC. If this is a valid request and you wish to approve this transfer, please visit the following URL and follow the instructions:

https://rr-n1-tor.opensrs.net/transfers/index.cgi?rid=__

You will need to enter the following information to complete the transfer:

Domain Name: _____
Transfer Key: ___________

If you do not wish to approve this transfer, you may simply ignore this message and the request will expire in 7 days, or you can use the Domain Name and Transfer Key above to cancel the transfer immediately.

Accepting this transfer will change the Registrar Of Record for your domain from its current registrar to TUCOWS/OpenSRS; it may also change some of the contact information. You can view what contact information will change using the "WHOIS Comparator" on the Transfer Confirmation webpage listed above. Note that your nameservers (DNS) will not change as a direct result of this transfer.

Please be aware that your current Registrar may require you to confirm with them of your intentions to transfer your domain name. If they do not receive confirmation they may not release it. Contact your current Registrar for details on how to approve your transfer-away with them.

If you are receiving this email, you should have initiated this request, or been aware that someone else did so. If this is the first time that you've heard of this, do not accept the transfer until you are satisfied that the request is legitimate.
Thank you.

Team Dynamic DNS Network Services, LLC and Team Tucows

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A similar mystery involving Enom and a dot-org name I purch last week from a seller at DS.

When I go to the Enom Control Panel tonight everything looks as it should with all my info and correct whois info listed on their site. However, when I do an actual WHOIS tonight it seems to be reg'd to an ID Protection Service, even though the prior owner did not use this, I did not ask or pay for it, and the Whois from last week shows the old owners info as it should have with no mention of this whis protection service? This is what the Whois now looks like:

Registrant Name:Whois Agent
Registrant Organization:Whois Privacy Protection Service, Inc.
Registrant Street1:pMB 368, 14150 NE 20th St - F1
Registrant Street2:C/O gif.org
Registrant City:Bellevue
Registrant State/Province:WA
Registrant Postal Code:98007
Registrant Country:US
Admin Name:Whois Agent
Admin Organization:Whois Privacy Protection Service, Inc.
Admin Street1:pMB 368, 14150 NE 20th St - F1
Admin Street2:C/O gif.org
Admin City:Bellevue
Admin State/Province:WA
Admin Postal Code:98007

Anyone have any idea what is going on with ENOM? In addition, I tried to transfer away 18 names from there to GoDaddy and all 18 failed for various BS reasons. I wasted many hrs of time and still can't get them to transfer.

P.S. Isn't GIF.ORG about gif images? If so, what does it have to do with whois protection? Very odd. Wasn't someone here at this forum somehow conneced to gif.org? I seem to recall old posts about gif.org.

Perhaps the rumors about Register.com buying them were wrong and it was really NetSol, Heaven Forbid, even worse than Register.com to make Enom go down the tube.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gif.org was owned by Namepopper and is now owned by Logop I believe - might want to contact him.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I found old posts here by Logop re his GIF.ORG. Perhaps the well known seller LOGOP is running ID Protection from his gif images site. Very odd.

Could all this be related to Namepopper's disappearance and hidden identity? Perhaps there is a German connection with NP as rumored. Perhaps Logop is NP? LOL.

P.S. If I recall right, someone here did a post a few days ago they thought Logop was indeed Namepopper. I PM'd back saying that was difficult to believe - perhaps it is true. LOL.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr Webname Gif.org was owned by Namepopper and is now owned by Logop I believe - might want to contact him.

I did not buy the name from LOGOP. He had nothing to do with the name or the old owner as far as I know.

VERY ODD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom