Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

is this for real? halfprice.com on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kingdon

Looks real to me, and the guy is a power seller with some pretty cool transactions under his belt. What makes you think it's fake? I think it's a great name.

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
no one would pay 150k for that domain unless they were simultaneously mentally retarded and tripping on LSD.

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's real. :D

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
quarterprice.com is available for reg fee + $20 dnf bucks. :D

People sure want this twice as much as they want halfprice.com :D

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually, if the owners of halfprice.com wanted to sell they'd have to be retards and tripping on acide to let anyone get it for less than $150,000.

That's a top tier, six figure easy domain name. It's clearly commercial, it's a common phrase used in buying and selling, and some big name companies include the term in their names.

The fact that many people here would probably give it a $0 or $10 appraisal only means that many of the people here have no clue.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by namedropper
Actually, if the owners of halfprice.com wanted to sell they'd have to be retards and tripping on acide to let anyone get it for less than $150,000. That's a top tier, six figure easy domain name. It's clearly commercial, it's a common phrase used in buying and selling, and some big name companies include the term in their names. The fact that many people here would probably give it a $0 or $10 appraisal only means that many of the people here have no clue.

Agree, it's a top tier name, easily worth approx' $100,000 or more at a retail price level, perhaps as much as $1,000,000. I also think (but not sure) it's a well known website using that name with good sales volume.

Someone here compares it to quarterprice.com but that's a ridiculous comparison as 1/2 price is a well known recognized term but 1/4 price is not.

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
its 2003 guys. a while back, there was weird thing called the dot-com crash. it took domain prices way low. halfprice.com as a domain is not worth hundreds of thousand dollars in this current market, not by a long shot.

i am certainly not an expert at this business, but if you ask those people who are, they will agree with me.

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What a joke!!

If there is a human-being left who wants to buy halfprice.com for 155K, I do not call it a human-being. Only a retard can buy that name for 155K. It is amazing to see how people could be dupped easily even in this community.

So what, I have HalfTrade.com since 2001. Half.com and trade.com are very commercial. Does it mean Halftrade.com worth more than 100K?

SAF

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, actually those kind of auctions are really good for your health. I laugh them and their by-product auctions every morning and it really takes out my stress.

As I wrote down recently in another thread "an anatomy of a Moron - Circa, SAF 2003" there are some by-product auctions now like halfpriceitems.com, halfpricing.com etc. Look at them and laugh till you roll on floor.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SirAlexFerguson What a joke!! If there is a human-being left who wants to buy halfprice.com for 155K, I do not call it a human-being. Only a retard can buy that name for 155K. It is amazing to see how people could be dupped easily even in this community. So what, I have HalfTrade.com since 2001. Half.com and trade.com are very commercial. Does it mean Halftrade.com worth more than 100K?SAF

Some of us do not realize the incredible value of industry keyterm phrases. 1/2 Price is one of them.

For example, ForSaleByOwner.com sold for more than $800,000. Many laughed about it as being insanely priced. The buyer is now laughing all the way to the bank with the zillions of hits and clients they get thanks to the well known term.

Many people all over the nation are paying $699 to be listed on the Multiple Listing Service (and owe no Realtor listing commission), and almost $100 to be listed as a FSBO on their famous name website. I am sure by now they have already recouped the sale in just a few yrs. In the future the revenue is all gravy. HalfPrice.com is a similar situation. A very widely known and used sales term, though likely not quite as good.

A surprising number of keyword industry phrases and terms (often times they are also long domains), are worth more than widely used single dictionary word names.

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, actually those kind of auctions are really good for
your health. I laugh them and their by-product auctions every morning and it really takes out my stress.

You kidding? Every time I see a private auction with stupid $1k+
bids I just wanna rip the sellers head off!

I can't stand this, every auction with bids exceeding $300
is a private auction. It's obvious that the item/service isn't
even worth the listing fee but the idiot sellers bid on it
themselves to increase the "bids", "price" and get you
to click on it.

How many of those "gift basket", "cigarette", "candle"
and other sites are there with 20+ bids exceeding $300?

Grrrrr!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3109356061&category=11763
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3108278964&category=11763
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3109356061&category=11763
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3108719181&category=11763
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3109238548&category=11763
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3109442346&category=11763

Is every auction on ebay's "WEBSITES" category
a private auction!!

Sorry, but this issue is annoying the hell out
of me and I'm surprised ebay isn't donig anything
about it.

Luc L.

morel

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RealNames

I also think (but not sure) it's a well known website using that name with good sales volume.

You're thinking of half.com, an eBay business.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by morel You're thinking of half.com, an eBay business.

Good thing I said "not sure" in the post. You are absolutely right on the website (thanks for pointing that out), but halfprice.com is also an active website, though not nearly as popular as half.com.

Nevertheless I still think the name is quite valuable, at least $100,000 retail. Perhaps I am wrong.

Actually half-price may be better than the single word half as a keyword industry term.

Any other opinions on it?

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SirAlexFerguson
If there is a human-being left who wants to buy halfprice.com for 155K, I do not call it a human-being. Only a retard can buy that name for 155K. It is amazing to see how people could be dupped easily even in this community.

Actually, what's amazing is that some people here have such a poor grasp of marketing concepts.

Well, no, I've seen the names and appraisals some people post, so I shouldn't be amazed.

So what, I have HalfTrade.com since 2001. Half.com and trade.com are very commercial. Does it mean Halftrade.com worth more than 100K?

But Half Trade doesn't make any sense. It means nothing. It's not an accurate comparison at all.

Half Price is an extremely common marketing term, with companies even using that as their main name or selling point.

It has more built in meaning than half.com does, half.com just has branding/advertising and being shorter in its favor.

$150,000 is not much for a company to gain control of a top tier name like this permanently.

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
halfprice.com is too vague to be worth that kind of money. There are many other similar names that convey the same idea. For example, LowPrices.com. Do you think that lowprices.com is worth $150,000 as well? Its certainly not much weaker than halfprice.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom