Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Is this going to hurt? Much? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

timbury

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I regged my first domain in '96. It was a 7 letter word based on my name and where I lived at the time. I used it to run my computer service/web design business. In 2003, I accidentally let the name expire. In '06, I regged the .net and .org. Two years later, I bought the .com back.

Here's the issue. I just found out that, in '04, a big graphics company trademarked the name for a software app. I may want to sell the .com and .org (I already sold the .net last year). Could this be a problem? Can I offer to sell the name to the company? TIA.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you did let it expire and drop therefore broke the chain of ownership.

With a company formed in 03 and you buying back the name in 06, attempts to sell it may be looked upon with "bad intent".

It's always worth a shot if you can prove that you were the original owner but the down side is they may turn around and seize it from you because you tried to sell them their name - especially if it is TM'd.

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

Unfortunately, you did let it expire and drop therefore broke the chain of ownership.

With a company formed in 03 and you buying back the name in 06, attempts to sell it may be looked upon with "bad intent".

It's always worth a shot if you can prove that you were the original owner but the down side is they may turn around and seize it from you because you tried to sell them their name - especially if it is TM'd.

On the other hand, if they are using an alternative that is so far removed from their business name, they may be willing to deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom