Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Is this legit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainQuay

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

We had an email inquiry today on a name that we have listed for a fixed price at Sedo. It said:

We are willing to buy your domain name at the stated price, but we would like to do it through Network Solutions. If we buy through Sedo, we would have to wait 60 days to transfer the zone to Network Solutions.

If you are in agreement with this, I will initiate the offer through networksolutions.com as soon as I hear back from you.

I thought Network Solutions is a registrar, so I'm not understanding why this party wants to do a sale through them.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thank you!

Domain Days 2024

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't see how the transfer would make a difference. They could still do a transfer without waiting 60 days since there wouldn't be a push done (supposing the name were at GoDaddy for example), but not using Sedo definitely puts you at risk to not get paid.

Limit$

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Make sure you get the money first.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Really strange. I did a quick search on the net and couldn't find any results from any other posts. Definately make sure you get your money before you initiate the transfer. My guess if they are trying to rip you.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike

DomainQuay

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your input.

And thank you Mike, for providing that link!

I'm still not sure I see the benefit to the buyer. It sounds riskier than Sedo to both sides, costs the buyer $19 per offer, and sounds like it's the buyer who pays the 5% commission?

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
network solutions has been around forever, sedo has not...maybe they are more comfortable with using them for whatever reason.

DomainQuay

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mike031 said:
network solutions has been around forever, sedo has not...maybe they are more comfortable with using them for whatever reason.

Yes, you're right. And thanks again for posting that link. I didn't know Network Solutions even had a program like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom