Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Is this offer real?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billnot

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
After my problems with Sedo, I'm looking to find somewhere else to sell my domains, and was looking at Afternic. I have had an e-mail purportedly from Neil Kavanaugh offering me a free membership.
I replied to the offer, and have had another e-mail from Liana Angelis of Namemedia.com asking me to supply, by e-mail, a user name, password and phone number.

This seems an odd way of doing things; I don't mind sending a user name or even phone number by e-mail, but a password sent by e-mail seems most unprofessional.

Is this offer for real?

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Call namemedia and ask for Liana, I'm sure you'll find out really quick if its real or not

Billnot

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The offer was real. I now have my free (for a year, anyway) Afternic account.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got an email for free membership as well, today.

In the short time I was with Afternic (perhaps 3 or 4 years ago), three sales were never paid for and the support was non-existent.

So, good luck with that.

Billnot

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just don't send them a password that you use, or is similar to other passwords that you do use - you can always change it later. :)

I didn't, because that was the thing that worried me most, and I'm surprised they asked for one by e-mail.

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

I got an email for free membership as well, today.

In the short time I was with Afternic (perhaps 3 or 4 years ago), three sales were never paid for and the support was non-existent.

So, good luck with that.

We shall see; I'll give them a chance. Sedo don't want me , and I'm happily parked with Bodis for the time being, but I need a sales platform. Every major player in this business attracts complaints. For example, I've read lots of people complaining about 1 and 1, yet I've never had a problem with them and 80% of my domains are registered with them.

tigereye1

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Believe this offer is still valid, i spotted an email/blog post floating around offering free memberships, and i mentioned to my account manager, and they extended my membership for free. And also, as someone mentioned above, they did offer this a few years ago also (2007?)

http://domainingmanual.com/2010/06/afternicdls-offers-free-memberships-again/

You should be able to get simply by contacting them.

If you'd like a name/contact, PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom