Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Is this or is this not ECO BULLYING?

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomant

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello.

I recently ran across this News story: http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/qu...ich-bag-school/story?id=12815697#.T7FIXsVSSa9 (I'm not referring to the video)

You can sense the almost fear in that child's reaction to the teacher's edict in nearly the same way as bullies do to people e.g. you better not do something or else...

How would you feel if you were in that child's shoes?

Wouldn't that now be called ECO BULLYING? If not, why not? :?:

There are many other instances as well and it seems to be a growing trend.

~~~~~

I understand passion for the environment, but bullying and demonizing people and companies in order to achieve a cleaner environment RIGHT NOW seems rather extreme.

Also, enacting that which causes utility rates to increase in such a way that makes many people have to choose between buying food and clothing versus paying the gas or electric bill for heating and/or cooking, only because others want to speed up the green agenda doesn't seem right either.

With most anything, there has to be a reasonable balance IMHO.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You have to wonder when they say things like this:

"Felix reacted as if someone had slaughtered a pig for his ham sandwich," said his father, who is CEO and founder of the technology company INBOX International.

Um, where does ham come from?

IMO this is being blown out of proportion. The teacher was having a contest - most likely about saving the environment and the prize was a teddybear, which IMO most 6 year olds would love to have. Schools, especially grade / grammar (and younger) have contests like this all the time - mine usedto have a "guess the jellybeans" contest. I won it one year because I found out that you can figureout the volume of a cylinder (pi * r^2 * h) - this gave me an advantage of the other kids in the class, especially those not good at math - should my guess have been disqualified? What if a child was really bad at numbers and guessed a billion - should they say "oh, he's not good at math so we'll make him win"?

I don't have an issue with the contest -IMO the parents are blowing it way out of proportion. They could have taken a few minutes to clean the tupperware container but instead decided to wave this banner - and I'm sure his business and blog are getting a boost in traffic over this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom