Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Is this spam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've just received this, unlike any of the other spam emails I've received before in connection with my domain names. Is this something that should concern me or is it just another form of spam? I have boysingreen.com, net & info & all four with 'the' before it. 'Boys in Green' is how the Irish football team is referred to, and I'm making a mini-site for one of the names soon.

Dear Sir/Madam 2009-10-2
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
We are a internet service (software development, website design and development, wifi network works to promote the protection of brands, search engine optimization, etc.) company in China,
<o:p> </o:p>
Several days ago we received a formal application submited by Robert Jiang who wanted to use the keyword "boysingreen" to register the Internet Brand and with
suffix .cn /.com.cn /.net.cn/.hk/ .asia/ domain names.
After our initial checking through Internet , we found that the keyword "boysingreen" to be applied for registration is same as your keyword.Accordingly,before we finish his registration,we would like to get your final decision about this,whether you mind his registration,if you believe his registration would affect your bussiness and produce conflict,then we could give your priority to register them,as the keyword is first used by your company.However,if you do not think so,please advise of that and then we will finish his registration.
For proceeding the next step, Please contact us by Fax ,Telephone or Email as soon as possible. Under the circumstance of no your reply during the next 5 working days ,we will consider you to give it up and finish his registration.
Yours sincerely
Emma
Checking Department
Tel: 86 513 85330968
Fax: 86 513 80260106
Email:[email protected]
Mail No.:2565193

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think they are just trying to get you to buy them in all those extensions as well. I received a similar email but put them on my spam list. I also get A LOT of letters like this in the mail, I just toss them.

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Known scam - there are several other posts here on DNF about this

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...I just delete them.

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. That's brilliant. I must admit it's the first time I've come across this and I must have missed the relevant threads on the forum, but I had an inkling it was some sort of spam scam.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got the same for one of my domains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom