Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

is wire transfer safe for seller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdn

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
a buyer give me a middle $xx,xxx offer for a package of three domains
buyer prefers wire transfer, wire transfer the money to me directly and I will push hime the domains after the money be cleared.

do you think it is safe for me? Thank you!

Domain Days 2024

B.King

Hard Ass™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is safe for you as long as you transfer the domain , after you have recieved the money, But i would still suggest using escrow for security concerns

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For the seller, I would say its better than escrow

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wire transfer is safe. Once the money is in your bank account (especially if international transfer into China) it will not be reversed.

pyroism

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
with a wire transfer the real risk is on the buyer's end. if he wires you the money, he is showing a great deal of trust that you will come through. I really can't see any risk for the seller...

B.King

Hard Ass™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Something youve all overlooked , and the reason why i still sugessted using escrow.com is , that there is a lot of "Blackmoney" flowing in to the domain market, when you recieve a payment directly in to your account it could associate you with this. Hence escrow is safer

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Something youve all overlooked , and the reason why i still sugessted using escrow.com is , that there is a lot of "Blackmoney" flowing in to the domain market, when you recieve a payment directly in to your account it could associate you with this. Hence escrow is safer

Please explain what "Black money" is.

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
heh.. wire is safe for the seller.. there is no better way unless you have someone walk up to you and hand you cash and run it through a counterfeit checker of some sort..

B.King

Hard Ass™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Blackmoney = money made through illegitimate means (ie drugs, human trafficing, money laundering etc)

Collector

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What could happen here?

Will they claim back the money?

B.King

Hard Ass™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They cant reverse the money so no risk there , However lets assume a person gets paid with "black money" that these people are investigated at some point you will also be investigated, because a direct wire shows that the person had a direct relationship with the alleged party, having a 3rd party like escrow , eliminates this.

I would also like to point out that this is a very very acute possibility , but just thought Id bring it up

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Your avatar says it all :-D

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i gotta admit that no mobi's sig is hilarious.. stands out heh

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you do indeed transfer the domains, then it should be safest payment method.

But I doubt it's foolproof, as it should be possible to use judicial system to reverse the transfer. E.g. You fail to transfer the domains. The buyer has second thoughts and sues you for whatever reason. Dunno.

I've also heard stories about wire transfers gone missing. I think banks even state in the terms that their responsibility over the money ends when it leaves your account.

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
True, and the current Chinese banking system leaves a lot to be desired.

For xx,xxxx, the buyer is certainly assuming a large risk...

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They cant reverse the money so no risk there , However lets assume a person gets paid with "black money" that these people are investigated at some point you will also be investigated, because a direct wire shows that the person had a direct relationship with the alleged party, having a 3rd party like escrow , eliminates this.

I would also like to point out that this is a very very acute possibility , but just thought Id bring it up

Keep in mind, that In Canada, banks are required to report to the government, transactions of $10,000 or more by individuals. http://infosource.gc.ca/inst/cfc/fed07_e.asp.

This policy is modeled after something similar in the US, so if you're conducting bank wires in this range, you're already in a federal database somewhere...

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Well if you haven't got anything to hide theres no problem :)

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind, that In Canada, banks are required to report to the government, transactions of $10,000 or more by individuals. http://infosource.gc.ca/inst/cfc/fed07_e.asp.

This policy is modeled after something similar in the US, so if you're conducting bank wires in this range, you're already in a federal database somewhere...

In the US I believe it is cash transactions $10,000 or greater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom