Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Isn't it stupid when Sedo takes comession more than your total revenue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bassel

Bnom.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very stupid when Sedo takes more money (commission) than what you have sold your domain for.

Example if i sold a CCTLD for $200 they take $150, and i sold a .com for $70 they take $50. :noidea:

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very stupid when Sedo takes more money (commission) than what you have sold your domain for.

Example if i sold a CCTLD for $200 they take $150, and i sold a .com for $70 they take $50. :noidea:

it's only stupid when a seller actually does it

not stupid for sedo :)

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It means that you shouldn't list low value domains at Sedo but sell them direct instead. And of course, focus on higher quality domains :)

Bassel

Bnom.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it's only stupid when a seller actually does it

not stupid for sedo :)

I have to agree. :approve:

It means that you shouldn't list low value domains at Sedo but sell them direct instead. And of course, focus on higher quality domains :)

Yes, actually im not listing low quality domains anymore, but unfortunately i listed 1 domain name recently that i wasnt sure what might the result be, finally it ended for $80, i got $30 :cool:.

Thanks

Millering

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sedo sucks for commission fee and new interface,
further more, it sucks for not wanting change it back after tons of criticism on commission fee and interface.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The buyers don't realize that domain sellers have transaction fees on their end.
Don't be afraid to mention that point in negotiations.

More than once, I have replied back to the potential buyer:
"If I were to accept your low offer of $60, I would be left with $10 net profit, after Sedo take their 10% cut (min $50).
Please consider adding a zero to your offer to make my time worthwhile."

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If they sold one of my names for $5million, they could keep $4million and I'd be happy...

tomsa

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"If I were to accept your low offer of $60, I would be left with $10 net profit, after Sedo take their 10% cut (min $50).

Priceless! Thanks :)

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I liked the old 10% flat no minimum better. Then they made the $50 minimum, followed by a hard to use layout. On top of that, poor customer service and long transaction periods. What's next for Sedo?

mediawizard

MediaWizard
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If they sold one of my names for $5million, they could keep $4million and I'd be happy...
No you wouldn't. Then you'd want 4.5 million and cry blue murder if they kept 4 mill.

We no longer engage with people who offer less than $250 at sedo, just not worth it.

Guess the min. logical sale price at sedo is $500 now.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guess the min. logical sale price at sedo is $500 now.

A lot of domainers used to sell at 200-300; including myself, what now? I've noticed TDNAM is quite well with their 5% cut, but not many end users like Sedo has.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No you wouldn't. Then you'd want 4.5 million and cry blue murder if they kept 4 mill.

$1m is far more than my best name is worth - if you can sell it for $5m, why wouldn't I be happy with one mil. You'd be doing something I can't - and I'd be getting something I couldn't get without you.

Bassel

Bnom.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I liked the old 10% flat no minimum better. Then they made the $50 minimum, followed by a hard to use layout. On top of that, poor customer service and long transaction periods. What's next for Sedo?

That is 100% correct!

I discovered 1 thing, try dealing with high priced domain transaction in sedo, they will communicate and reply to you in the transfer center super fast. guess why... because of high commission they going to earn from that sale. :shy:

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

You are joking right?

Dude, this is pointless :cool:

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

The buyers don't realize that domain sellers have transaction fees on their end.
Don't be afraid to mention that point in negotiations.

Good point!

anyways ill stop using sedo especially auctions for sometime until they do something about the layout and prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom