Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.it domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florida

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I would like to have your opinion on the .it domains.
Naturally, they are not much used outside Italy, but the "it" might perhaps one day be worth something in the English speaking countries. What do you think? Any value in names like buy.it, sell.it, book.it ....?

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A lot of 3 letter .it´s still available.
PPC in italy for the moment still very low but growing.
Meet a domainer during traffic from italy, he already lives from italian PPC, so why not. It is a growing market.

Freddy

aldwin

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I work mainly with .it domains.
The RPC is very low (€0.03 on sedo) but if you manage to have good traffic you can still make a decent amount out of it.

Italian market is a fast growing one (internet users doubled since 2002) and has a great potential in my opinion, expecially for developing.

Florida

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your opinions.
I only registered one .it domain so far which is recycle.it, perhaps it will have some potential in the future and will look for some more.

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was considering registering a couple of .it domains relating to Information Technology. Anyone know what the requirements are for buying one?

Florida

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
From eurodns.com:

- EU Citizen or Company with EU Address

Or

If you are not an EU Citizen or Company with EU Address, EuroDNS could become the domain holder and send you a certificate of ownership.
Once the domain is registered it will be allocated to your EuroDNS account and you will gain full access to the domain.
EuroDNS reserve the right to cancel this .IT domain immediately, should any of the terms and conditions in relation to this TLD be broken.

Hope that helps.

drmaximus

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have sentimental ties with Italy and have always wanted to own a few .IT domains. However, it is difficult to maintain ownership without having a physical presence there, despite the EuroDNS method.

Moreover, I once had some technical trouble with my host when I tried to use a .NL domain. The domain simply would not propagate, or whatever, and I could not use it whatsoever. Not sure if this would be the same case for .IT domains.

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
drmaximus said:
I have sentimental ties with Italy and have always wanted to own a few .IT domains. However, it is difficult to maintain ownership without having a physical presence there, despite the EuroDNS method.

Moreover, I once had some technical trouble with my host when I tried to use a .NL domain. The domain simply would not propagate, or whatever, and I could not use it whatsoever. Not sure if this would be the same case for .IT domains.

I know that some hosting companies do not support some ccTLDs.
for germany you need for example Nameservers from different Class-C Net.
Check before with your Hosting company if they support .it Domains in their Nameserver or if you are able to use Nameservers from an other company like EuroDNS. Otherwise you still can use the forwarder.

Freddy

domainsbot

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You're defintely right, the .IT market is growing. In this moment internet companies are growing up in Italy.
Internet in Italy in the last years has been growing in terms of connections and businesses. It's actually curious to know that there are just few registrars around (regsiter.it, dominiando, tuonome.it) ...

The worse thing of Italian Registry rules is that is really difficult for end users to get a domain name. Anyway the DNS issue shouldn't be in the .it registration.

In a totally different point of view, an intersting thing to notice in Italian internet market is that here in Italy, there's still not a domain name "culture".
A lot of different companies in the past ignored the internet presence not registering their domain names, and actually this is one of the most important reasons why Italian rules to register a name are so strict.

I hope that these little info can be helpful, but I can ensure you that Italian market is growing up, and in the next years can be a very interesting Internet market in Europe.

drmaximus

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ciao Daniel,

Would you happen to know of a reliable and cost-effective .IT registrar that readily supports registrations from non-EU customers? I know that EuroDNS seems good, but I am hoping for more competitive pricing. For example, IIRC, I paid just 10 EURO's for my .NL domain, as opposed to double that on EuroDNS.

Why do you suppose that the DNS issue does not affect .IT domains? Does it rest on Internic.it or on my host provider?

In another post, somebody suggested NetBeat.de which offers .IT for only 9.99 Euro - have you any idea about their service and reliability? And whether they accept non-Euro customers? I wish I had learnt German back then! Thank you.

domainsbot

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ciao DrMaximus,

To be honest I have to check it out... If you have an Italian presence I strongly suggest dominiando.it they are a young and very well organized company. I will find out what of well known Italian registrars allow extra EU customers to register .it names and post it back here...

gemsergio

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The market its still pretty good and its fairly easy to register .it with some overture (at least when the italian one was accurate so not anymore I think) regarding the DNS they are like France there are always problem with the DNS they are much more restricted (European as usual :) ). There are 3-4 guys who basically monopolized the dropping names (I still need to figure out where they get the list of the drops).
I think its a little late to get into the game and think to make great money but some nice dollars or euros or yen or whatever can still be made.
I registred around 300 400 domains last year all with traffic but it has been harder and harder to find them .
Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom