Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

It happened to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This week, I got an email from a nice gentleman in India offering me a domain that is similar to others I own.

I usually ignore those, but this one lived on the line of take it/leave it, and I decided to ask him what he wanted for it.

Almost immediately, I got an email response of $135.

I was impressed. Especially after doing a quick whois to learn that it was right now sitting in GoDaddy Auctions with a buy it now of $11.

I decided to buy it. I would like to publicly thank the nice gentleman from India, and sincerely apologize for screwing him out of his $124 finders fee. I imagine some other sucker will make it up soon enough.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This week, I got an email from a nice gentleman in India offering me a domain that is similar to others I own.

I usually ignore those, but this one lived on the line of take it/leave it, and I decided to ask him what he wanted for it.

Almost immediately, I got an email response of $135.

I was impressed. Especially after doing a quick whois to learn that it was right now sitting in GoDaddy Auctions with a buy it now of $11.

I decided to buy it. I would like to publicly thank the nice gentleman from India, and sincerely apologize for screwing him out of his $124 finders fee. I imagine some other sucker will make it up soon enough.

Hi Jack

nice tale!

it certainly portrays a segment of newbie "flippers", who still haven't connected all the dots.

imo...

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Last year, we made a purchase that was listed at DNJ and a couple days later a guy contacts us, offering to sell the .de and .co.uk for high-$$$.
Domains that actually were unregistered. Call it a scam.
Not to mention the TM issues of course.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Clearly, they continue to do it because people fall for it.

Something to think about... if you are inexperienced enough to fall for a scheme like this then you probably are not ready to be a professional domainer. And you certainly should not be paying $xxx for new acquisitions yet. There is a minimal skillset required to put these pieces together without straining yourself.

:)

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I love those emails, it like the "Tip of the Day"

lol, just got another "tip of the day" that is completely unregistered. I'll be passing on this one, but if anyone wants "ebillspayment.com" it is yours for the grabbing. :)

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just think about the millions of such spams that end users receive on a daily basis. It's no wonder so many people view domaining like a scam industry.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just think about the millions of such spams that end users receive on a daily basis. It's no wonder so many people view domaining like a scam industry.

My main businesses operate in a much more regulated industry. Most people have no idea how much harder it could be, if the government(s) actually cared about cleaning the domain world up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom