Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

It`s about time someone starts to answer to the BIG BOYS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How about creating a "DOMAINERS ASSOCIATION" ?

I`m here (since Pred is too tired to start the thread or too busy looking for more .mobi names...:faint: ) asking to the all community and in primis to the owner, Mr DOTCOMGOD , to start a sort of free association which aim will be to defend US (all domainers) from stupid rules created by people that don`t even know what they are doing.

a perfect example is this thread :

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?p=1007482#post1007482

Where Godaddy felt free to take away a very nice 3 letter .mobi to a legitimate Registrant and also charged him $29 for unknown reasons.

Not to mention the mistakes created by ICANN....

PEOPLE, WE NEED SOMEONE TO PROTECT US.....we need lawers who together with DNforum community start to send back to the arrogant companies all the BS they give us.

Who is with me????

COME ON, let`s start!!!

Domain Days 2024

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:amen: Im in, and prepared to donate

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let's get some torches, pickforks and maybe some old pickup trucks. Take these monsters down old-school style.

Seriously, we could be more organized right now without a formal orgnization. I fired Godaddy some time ago, just never told them. I have now sent a note to my rep letting him know my reasons, including the $29.95 processing fee which I think is completely unfair...even though it has never happened to me. This is not the first time I've read about that fee on DNforum but it is one of the reasons I stopped doing business with Godaddy. I think if they were to receive 40-50 letters like mine, they might blink and think twice about their policies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why not just stop using these services (such as GoDaddy) that continuously "harm" domainers instead of forming a lynch-mob?

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow! Im very impressed. Of course, I am in! Let me know what I can do to help! I do love the oldschool stuff!!!
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
Jonathan

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I for one, welcome our new lynch-mob overlords :)

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why not just stop using these services (such as GoDaddy) that continuously "harm" domainers instead of forming a lynch-mob?

That's my point but also let them know why we have stopped using them. Let the other members here know as well and ask for support.

The problem with an organized group is that you can pretty well bet people will have different agendas and even directly opposite opinions on certain subjects.

Sometimes organizations that are successful in their efforts end up taking things too far and become the bullies themselves. I feel this way about well intentioned organizations such as MADD.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Let's get some torches, pickforks and maybe some old pickup trucks. Take these monsters down old-school style.

Seriously, we could be more organized right now without a formal orgnization. I fired Godaddy some time ago, just never told them. I have now sent a note to my rep letting him know my reasons, including the $29.95 processing fee which I think is completely unfair...even though it has never happened to me. This is not the first time I've read about that fee on DNforum but it is one of the reasons I stopped doing business with Godaddy. I think if they were to receive 40-50 letters like mine, they might blink and think twice about their policies.

Hi thanks for your useful reply, if you can post the e-mail you wrote, people will easily copy and send one too I think.
Cheers

Interesting.....but how could we use their website in an way that all our community agrees ?

Did anytime Adam think about anything like the thing I proposed?

Best regards.

Laird Mobi

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think what we need is a group of paying members, who will form a large syndicate, now thew money held in the syndicate would be held by a neutral party with no financial interest. The money can then be used to finance a domain lawyer for the explicit use of fighting cases which involve generic terms and obvious non trademarked names. I think thats the secret "GENERIC TERMS AND NON TRADEMARKED NAMES!" As some domainers may well try it on and get protection and legal assistance for domains they knowingly regged in bad faith! This could be big and would require a good deal of disccusion and the setting up of a comittee. I think the obvious choice of lawyer would be Mr Berryhill as he frequents this forum, and is a big player in the industry as a whole.

Just my 10p's worth!

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guys,
Pred's in!
Let's post a model email & we'll all send. In the meantime we all stop regging at godaddy...right?
We bad press the bitches wherever possible.
We can also start a thread in their little section, in this forum.
Use it as an incentive to sell. Focus on your Godaddy domains & sell them off.
Failing that, Pred does a nice line in cheeswiring noses off! It's a sarf London tradition! LOL :approve:
Pred

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
a perfect example is this thread :

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?p=1007482#post1007482

Where Godaddy felt free to take away a very nice 3 letter .mobi to a legitimate Registrant and also charged him $29 for unknown reasons.

Barring ICANN's "mistakes" aside, is that thread the main reason for all this?

Either you don't understand or you don't care how that issue was handled. Go
Daddy is within their rights to do that.

Let me point something to you:

https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/agreements.asp?se=+&ci=291

Go Daddy reserves the right to charge a reasonable service fee for administrative tasks outside the scope of its regular services. These include, but are not limited to, customer service issues that cannot be handled over email but require personal service, and disputes that require legal services.

Now one can find that bull kaka, sure. But you agreed to it the moment you
checked that box beside the "I have read the service agreement and agree to
its terms."

You just gotta be aware how some companies do business. You don't like their
terms, then do what GT Web said.

I agree, you don't need to form a lynch-mob. You just gotta be smart.

If any of you say "people don't read those things!", then you're being lazy. I do
read 'em because I want to be aware of what they're capable of, especially if I
don't like it.

I don't like their terms, I move on. Sounds simple to me.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi dave,
fair points mate. I agree best way to act is to vote with feet. Starting with no new regges. The emails need to be done to show disgruntled customers. Rules are there to be broken, so if enough compain & they see once regular customers aren't regging anymore, maybe they'll wake up. Maybe not. Either way doesn't matter as there are stacks of registrars out there.
The cheese wire was a last resort! ;)
Pred

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
just don't use godaddy, as others have stated.

the only godaddy names i own are those i bought from other domainers...as i never register names there!

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
just don't use godaddy, as others have stated.

the only godaddy names i own are those i bought from other domainers...as i never register names there!

Ok, but are you sure that whoever you choose won`t do that anytime?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are at least 2 domain organisations:
Domain Name Owners Association: www.dnoa.org
WORLD ASSOCIATION OF DOMAIN NAME DEVELOPERS: wadnd.com (some well-known members there)

Rather than reinventing the wheel why not check these out and join forces.

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I AM IN i also suggest a service like DNOA but more protective creative and more additions etc to protect domaineers
I cant wait to start ican elp you with graphics etc too for the site

Cheer :yo:

Ehsan

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom