Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Itchy fingers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Parked.com has a solid advantage over other PPC companies out there: customizable templates.

Does Parked plan to enter the reselling/auctioning market? I know several people that would *love* to drop Sedo entirely right now!

Domain Days 2024

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
That's a great idea Acro.

If parked were to become part of the auctioning market...i am sure SEDO would lose a considerable amount of business.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Competition is a healthy element of progress. Sedo grew too fast for its size and it's already started to make decisions enforcing its footprint and market share. We need a better, more solid, domainer-oriented platform that offers a solid back-end, a visually appealing front-end and a sturdy process infrastructure. I want to see what is the view of Parked on this as I am sick and tired of monopolies.

anatoly

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
left sedo for parked recently, LOVE it so far !

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They have recently improved the contact script. The big question is whether they'd want to get in the escrow business. Auctions are easy to setup, but spending the time with the back & forth between buy & seller, handling the money, pushing /transferring domains, etc might be more than they'd care to get involved in. Maybe they should explore doing something with Rock?

Edit: To parked: if you do go down this road, please do NOT offer to appraise customers domains then AND sell them as others do :) Please do not play both sides of the game.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting question here. I will say that about 7 years ago we had either the 2nd or 3rd domain auction ever. The system was great, in the end it just wasn't worth the time or effort. And to be honest with you, I'm not sure if my opinion has really changed since then. I know that companies like Namedrive have an interesting model that would be much easier where they would broker a domain that is parked with them, but then you are limiting your audience. At the same time I do know of 1 or 2 new companies that will be launching soon that will be hopefully be competing against Sedo in the very near future. So I think we may sit back and watch this for the near term and see what happens in the overall market.

At the same time, I would much rather make a domain registrar available for domainers, where they could get at cost domains with basically nothing else. How would that sound?

Donny

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All of my good domains are with Parked now, only the ones I'm trying to sell are on Sedo (most of which are about $60-$100).

If Parked got into the reseller business then I would move 90%-95% of my domains to them but then Parked would have a lower quality % (like my current domains w/ Parked aren't bad though? ;) ).

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All of my good domains are with Parked now, only the ones I'm trying to sell are on Sedo (most of which are about $60-$100).

If Parked got into the reseller business then I would move 90%-95% of my domains to them but then Parked would have a lower quality % (like my current domains w/ Parked aren't bad though? ;) ).

Setup your contact script in the account area at parked. Use escrow.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I don't sell domains cheap on Sedo. Nothing under $1,000. But I don't like the direction Sedo is heading. I want to see another marketplace enter the field (and Afternic does not cut it, sorry).

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't sell domains cheap on Sedo. Nothing under $1,000. But I don't like the direction Sedo is heading. I want to see another marketplace enter the field (and Afternic does not cut it, sorry).

IMO that is the only place for me (other than here) to sell my domains. Afternic had no bites (and absolutely no parking revenue) - Sedo has at least a few.

hittjw

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If [Parked.com] stays where it is, that would be great. Focus on more advertisers in the system, allowing easier traffic targeting, and tuning of parked pages to look more like content.

Even allowing RSS (with permission) inserted into pages may provide strong uniqueness that may even garner page ranking. Get into too many things and it may dilute the value of the service.

Best,

Justin

vbigdeli

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
At the same time, I would much rather make a domain registrar available for domainers, where they could get at cost domains with basically nothing else. How would that sound?

Donny

$ 4.99 .com :lol::smilewinkgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom