Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Itrader rating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I made an offer on a domain and he accepted. Something quickly changed where I didn't have the money anymore, I backed out so this member left a negative itrader rating. I thought this system was only for transactions that have taken place i.e. payment made but domain pushed.

I have always made a point of honoring my word and now my precious 100% rating is now tarnished. Do I have any recourse?

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pm mods.

lotk.com

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have had several offers from members here that I have accepted and then the buyers just don't respond to my PMs, but I definitely wouldn't leave a negative itrader for it. The best thing for you to do is pm mods like Carter said. Good luck.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I made an offer on a domain and he accepted. Something quickly changed where I didn't have the money anymore, I backed out so this member left a negative itrader rating. I thought this system was only for transactions that have taken place i.e. payment made but domain pushed.

I have always made a point of honoring my word and now my precious 100% rating is now tarnished. Do I have any recourse?

Technically speaking if someone makes an offer and you accept negotiations are done and now it's either a verbal or written contract. You then backed out of the deal meaning you didn't follow the contract. So the negative feedback is just i can't see why it would be removed.

On a side note, i have had members here make offers on my domains and then not respond or change their mind. I did not leave a negative but i will never do business with them again.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks gentleman for your advice. It is not that big of an issue but I really was proud of my 100% itrader rating.

C

Chuck

That's a tough one!

I have no doubts something really did come up with you that you know longer had the money but it's similar to a non paying bidder on ebay, which sellers leave negative feedback for as well.

If the seller wishes to withdraw the feedback, as you have a great reputation here, then I will glady remove it.

Chuck

HuntingMoon

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Leave it- once you make an offer it should be binding or there is no honor. When I am in Japan you pay for beer in one line and then wait in a separate line and they ask you how many you paid for a la the honor system. in this case you have a documented offer. unless you have a doctor's note or something similar, i am in complete and total agreement with the negative feedback.

Sleepys

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have no doubts something really did come up with you that you know longer had the money but it's similar to a non paying bidder on ebay, which sellers leave negative feedback for as well.

Actually, ebay recently stopped allowing sellers to leave a negative or even a neutral rating for buyer, regardless of the reason. Buyers can still leave a negative, but sellers can only leave a positive (if they want). Just more proof that ebay does not care about its sellers.

Gileyal

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear man. You do have a great record. Maybe try to talk to the guy, apologize for what happened and explain the situation? There's a chance he'll calm down and remove the negative comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom