Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

It's been a long haul for dot tv....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlc

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
but some are taking notice.

http://dnjournal.com/cover/2012/january-page2.htm......... the king even takes notice. Thanks Rick.

You have google tv, apple tv, smart tvs and tv everywhere by the cable industry.

Keeping that in mind, if your a brick and mortor business, especially a small business.

.TV says to me I can now afford to advertise on tv and be on all platforms!

Now you might say I can do that with a dot com and you can.

.tv says it better.

IMHO, in this new space dot com is yesterday .tv is today.

Just my thoughts,

Judy

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. .tv has been the future for 16 years already :)

AtTheLake

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.TV seems to be an extension for facilities that don't have .com budgets

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For the newbies, there have been TWO 'big", well financed launches of .TV. The first was, of course, when it was first launched.

After a few years of failure, Demand Media took up the cause and Richard Rossenblatt (guy who made MySpace "the" social site, and sold it just before facebook) and Carson Daily put big money, time, and celebrity behind the re-launch. They paid for Las Vegas trips for domainers and site builders to see the presentation (it was fun!). It failed again.

Is this a random post, or is someone gearing up for launch # 3?

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.tv .co .mobi .xxx .eco .whatever .etc same spin same old results

*fool me once shame you. fool me twice....no friggin way :pound:

:yo:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Launch # 3 already took place, it was the lifting of premium pricing (not for legacy domains, it's the registry's way of saying thank you to the early supporters :))
But that won't change the market significantly imo.

DomainCollectorz

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
many people are skeptical about dot tv, many people think its a good investment, but one thing is for certain the internet is becoming more and more video oriented.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.tv is old news

.flatscreentv is the future!

Joking aside, I really like dot tv. I even see it advertised. It's a nice extension for media companies or video based sites.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
using country code domains as vanity domains to mean something completely different was a terrible idea to start with.

freedom30

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.TV seems to be an extension for facilities that don't have .com budgets

...excellent observation! And paradoxically it's the cost-effectiveness that is not only popularizing the extension among endusers but also driving sales to normal 4 and five figures that .tv hasn't experienced en masse in its long strange trip. The snowflake on a hill effect is still gathering endusers with some brokers now coming out from behind the curtain and linking sellers with buyers. Yeppers, it's a good time for the .tv extension and it is only getting hotter.

Haven't visited DNForum for a while but see that as far as the .tv extension is concerned , members here are still, as a rule, rather aprehensive and bound by 20th century standards that are fading rapidly as changes in this century take a firm foothold. My best to one and all here.

.TV - go ahead...turn it on!

Last edited:

onlinetv

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.tv is a joke and they used to pay companies to take their names from them.

I list video sites and the rate of failure for .tv is within the first year while .com is a 20 percent attrition rate. It would be interesting if google swaps video.google.com (which they ended keeping their Youtube free of their own competition) for google dot tv.

I also wonder, since Tuvalu is going to soon be gone (sinking), will the .tv be taken off the market with the nation disappearing? Afterall this is a national domain and I predict some changes.

DomainCollectorz

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I concur, I think its going to take time for DoTV to really get rolling. I think that eventually the Internet will be primarily video based and with that the doTV extension in my opinion has a higher potential than .com in the next 5 to 10 years.

Preciousmetals

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Personally my views and from what I have researched is that .com is just going to get stronger the more TLD's are released.. For example. Some Douche Bag tried taking rick shwartz to court over XXXXXX.com because "The Douche bag" owned a lower level tld and was losing tons of traffic to the XXXXXX.com that rick shwartz owned and didn't want to let go for a measly 10k after holding it for 15years.

So if you have domain.tv you will most likely lose a lot of traffic to domain.com since .com is what is wired into our heads over the past 20 years.

Of course generic domains that make sense of ANY extension will have some or a lot of value, But I am a true believer .com is king and will only get stronger and more valuable in the times to come since by 2020 or so ALL.com will no longer be available according to statistics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom