Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

It's finally happened - foreign language sites are in the majority at Alexa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Edwin said:
I've been keeping an informal eye on this from time to time, and it looks like it's finally happened. 51 of the top 100 busiest sites in the world (as measured by Alexa) are in languages other than English.

http://www.alexa.com/site/ds/top_sites?ts_mode=global&lang=none

Did you also notice that the only thing in English on those sites are their urls?

I wonder what that means? :laugh:

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow.. I didn't realise MySpace.com was #10.. wow..

I keep track of this from time to time too. How exactly is this tracked though? These sites are only ranked if people search or visit them from within Alexa right?

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There has been pretty much a lack of interest or negative feeling toward IDN's in this forum so just wondering if anyone thinks these foreign language sites will NOT want to add their foreign language script to also be their url?

How about the other millions of International language sites...anyone thinking they will NOT want to add their native language url to direct users to their site as well, or use that to advertise to customers that don't speak English? Kind of only makes sense...but looking for opinions on both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom