Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Its gotten out of hand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrenl

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Look, http://www.suememicrosoft.com/ people are registering domains wanting to be sued by Microsoft. I think Microsoft needs to lay the smackdown on these people. What do you think?

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Would someone check to see if he has all of his "marbles"?

All he wants is the legal papers in his name so he can sell them on ebay.

It's like getting in the face of Mike Tyson. Then, spitting on him.
Hoping, that Tyson will take a swing at him.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I beg to differ.

This person has a point to make, and he is not afraid to use his first amendment rights in a robust way to make it. Will it stand up in court? Possibly not, but that is the entire point.

When we lose our ability to challenge the establishment with a sound argument, we lose something that makes us uniqely American. This person is exercising that with a sense of humor.

More power to him!

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by MovieDomains

More power to him!

I concur, although personally I think people should have better things to do then to register names like this.

Keep in mind what a TM is and what it isn't. How in the world would a consumer be confused by "suememicrosoft.com"?? This should always be your first question when you think someone has "crossed the line". Obviously no one is going to get this site confused with "microsoft.com".... HOWEVER it is within Microsoft's "right" as well to defend itself, even though it think it may lose, just to run your legal expenses into the thousands.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of when 1,000's of people poured hot McDonalds coffe on their laps at the dirve thru ... after that McD's case ..

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by MovieDomains
I beg to differ.

This person has a point to make, and he is not afraid to use his first amendment rights in a robust way to make it. Will it stand up in court? Possibly not, but that is the entire point.

When we lose our ability to challenge the establishment with a sound argument, we lose something that makes us uniqely American. This person is exercising that with a sense of humor.

More power to him!

I agree with you 100% :-D Your explanation reminds me of recent pasts.

ssanders

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lol, the kid just wants an x-box =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom