Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

It's Official: GoDaddy Offering "Private" Auctions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Have been tracking an expired domain and today was the day that all of GoDaddy's domains that expired on Oct. 31st were to have been auctioned off at TDNAM. Not this one! At least not in public view! And it had already been backordered by someone when I started tracking it weeks ago! This GoDaddy "private" client might have gotten it for the cost of the backorder alone or else he might have had to compete with other "private" clients that were also interested in the domain. Either way, GoDaddy sucks a really big one once again!!

Domain Days 2024

austinandrew

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been told by someone who would know that GoDaddy doesn't send all of its domains to auction...it keeps the best ones for itself. My guess is the name you were watching has a whois record protected by GoDaddy's privacy services? Does it resolve to a GoDaddy standard parking page?

Have been tracking an expired domain and today was the day that all of GoDaddy's domains that expired on Oct. 31st were to have been auctioned off at TDNAM. Not this one! At least not in public view! And it had already been backordered by someone when I started tracking it weeks ago! This GoDaddy "private" client might have gotten it for the cost of the backorder alone or else he might have had to compete with other "private" clients that were also interested in the domain. Either way, GoDaddy sucks a really big one once again!!

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let's face it...Registrars are unregulated and can do what ever they want. No surpises here.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Surely some smart eyed legal eagle in one of the State offices in America must surely be able to find laws that this kind of action breaks! It would be lovely to see such blatent acts for once be punished by the laws that must surely be on the Statute books, remember Al Capone, he was never convicted for any gangster related offences was he.

austinandrew

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It has and it does!

Take a look at this write up I did.

Tell me something. If you were to buy this domain for a lot of money, would you just leave it with GoDaddy earning all of the money from a parking page? Of course not, you'd move it to someplace where you were earning money. So basically GoDaddy is keeping high traffic domains to earn the PPC revenue.

Surely some smart eyed legal eagle in one of the State offices in America must surely be able to find laws that this kind of action breaks! It would be lovely to see such blatent acts for once be punished by the laws that must surely be on the Statute books, remember Al Capone, he was never convicted for any gangster related offences was he.

Well, maybe not in this case but definitely in GoDaddy's typosquatting activities. (see the link above)

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What an amazing conflict of interest. I guess it's not so unusual though in business. Those on the inside get the prime cuts, those on the outside get scraps.

Good article Austin, well written.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Registrars should be banned from keeping names hostage. Enom is doing it as well.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah and that lame copycat Bob Parseons has the audacity to go on a crusade against the Eurid.

Crook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom