Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

I've been ripped off, HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

iBizStart

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I placed an order with:

http://www.pacificworldtradeinc.com/ who apparently are a scam company copying http://www.pacificworldtrade.com's business. I contacted the legitimate company and they said that they have contacted the fbi and attorney general about this fraudulent company already.

I paid for the order through a wire transfer so I will contact their bank tomorrow. What are the odds I will be able to get my money back? Any advice on what steps I can take?

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wire transfer is a dead end for getting money back. About the only avenue you have now is contacting the authorities.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was scammed by a dnf member for 30k and did a wire and lost it all.

Not a very promising outcome, I hope you do better.

-=DCG=-

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ouch, that would hurt. Good luck to all involved

iBizStart

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DCG, couldn't you go after him with lawyers and other methods? I don't have that opportunity because I am in financial trouble as it is, I cannot afford a lawyer

Graham Easton

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Byalik - a lot depends on the currency and destination of the wire. Need to know the bank and country you sent the money too. If it's Europe then the chances are the wire has not made the destination account yet. Your best bet at this point is to bombard the recipient bank branch with faxes and emails (look them up on google using "" to get an exact match for the branch) stating that the wire transfer for credit to the account of customer x account number y was fraudulently obtained. The key for the receiving bank is have they credited the account of the crooks yet - if they haven't then faxes and emails will stop the payment being applied until your bank's return swift request reaches them. If the receiving bank has applied the funds there is nothing they can do.

If it's Russia, Middle east or Africa your money is long gone.

So - jurisdiction is everything at this point. Email me urgently, if you can be helped at this point I will advise you what to do. I work as a fraud investigator for a major bank as my day job.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what a crappy and poorly designed site... i wouldn't even spend more then 10 seconds browsing through it let alone place an order.

iBizStart

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well the real companys site isn't any better and thats a big legitimate company. You can't judge the legitimacy of a website by their design.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the fake looks better than the real. What sort of money are you talking about - xx, xxx, xxxx, or higher? If it's small money, your probably better offer forgeting about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom