Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

I've buy a domain, sent the money and the seller don't own the domain no more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi.
Tonight I've paid for a domain (via Paypal, I look to this guy before send the money he's a respectable member on another forum...I've thinked).

I've sent the money and today the owner tell me HE DON'T OWN NO MORE THE DOMAIN BECAUSE IS EXPIRED some days ago (the name was reg'd at GoDaddy).

The guy tell me wait...wait and find 1000 excuses.
A scammer or an unprofessional domainer???
He can't said me the domain was expired before I sent the money??

Now my question is...can I call PayPal for a full refund????
Anyone never involved in this issue??

He don't have an account here and the domain wasn't listed on Sedo.

Who can help me????
Thanks.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can't he renew it in Godaddy or is it passed that time?

Sonny Banks

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The problem is this guy don't said me "sorry" or nothing but find excuses and don't explain me the situation before I send the money.
I don't want wait days now...I want my money back now.
I tell him to resend me the money or I call paypal but he said me he spend all of my money.
I've called paypal to have my money back.

I think he scam me.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't know how things work in Italy but in the US Paypal won't help you with domain names (since they're not a "physical / tangeable" item) but we can call our credit card / bank and protest the charges.

Hopefully you'll get it all worked out. If it's with GoDaddy - you might want to PM GoDaddy or Adam here, too, to see if they can help you out or give you suggestions.

Sonny Banks

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the help.
Now I've open a ticket to Paypal for object don't sent to me.

Pm sent Johnn thanks.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The transaction happened recently - less than 24 hours - I would prefer not to jump into any conclusion or post the information in public without further investigation.

Sonny Banks

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The transaction happened recently - less than 24 hours - I would prefer not to jump into any conclusion or post the information in public without further investigation.

Agree with Johnn.
I think 90% he scammed me but he said me I have to wait 3 days because he payed $90 for re-register the name.
Johnn said me what to do...if in 3 days I don't have the name I've payed for I will post username, mail and name everywhere on the internet until he stop to work with domains forever.

I'm a cool guy but don't f... with me.
Too many unprofessional domainers out there.

Be careful guys!!

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd tell him you will pay him in 3 days. If you opened a dispute with Paypal DO NOT CLOSE IT. They will not allow you to reopen it. He is likely asking for you to wait 3 days so the funds will clear and deposit into his bank account. At this point you will likely not get any funds back.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
did you check "whois", before you agreed to buy?

did you contact the moderators/admin on the forum in which the deal was negotiated?

:rolleyes:

Hurley4540

Hurley4540.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'd tell him you will pay him in 3 days. If you opened a dispute with Paypal DO NOT CLOSE IT. They will not allow you to reopen it. He is likely asking for you to wait 3 days so the funds will clear and deposit into his bank account. At this point you will likely not get any funds back.

But then his PayPal will go into negative balance and it will be frozen or whatever and when he opens a new account he won't be able to use the same bank , right?

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
did you check "whois", before you agreed to buy?

did you contact the moderators/admin on the forum in which the deal was negotiated?

:rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly, was the whois correct?

Sonny Banks

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guys I will wait 3 days from now and I will update the thread when I have some infos.
Thanks for the help stay tuned.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agree with Johnn.
I think 90% he scammed me but he said me I have to wait 3 days because he payed $90 for re-register the name.

That sounds about right to get a domain back after the expiration date and since it is only a few days, he should be able to get it. I don't know about the 3 days though (maybe he is waiting for a paycheck or another payment so he can pay for it?).

Good luck.

Scam or not, that is a poor business practice (selling a domain that you let expire and not apologizing).

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Good luck Carter.

I am kinda confused by your statements because you say he is respectable member then you say in your last line that he is not a member here.

Either way, i hope it gets resolved.

Sonny Banks

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good luck Carter.

I am kinda confused by your statements because you say he is respectable member then you say in your last line that he is not a member here.

Either way, i hope it gets resolved.

Sorry but sometimes my english is bad :)
I contact this guy via mail...before sent him a mail I've checked him on Google and I find he's a member on another forum (I don't deal no more with PayPal from months for evitate scammers...tonight I have need to buy a domain quick so I used PayPal again; this is my mistake USE PAYPAL but in this case I can't have the time to use Escrow and he don't list the names on Sedo).

Now I'm waiting some infos to proceed.
Thanks guys.

McDot

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All this Business is getting ridiculous!

I bought a Domain last week through Sedo. 24 hours later the sale was cancelled and the Domain was on sale again. I blogged about this a few day ago: http://www.domainsmalltalk.com/2008/11/03/domain-contracts-at-sedo-worth-nothing/
The amount of scammers and unserious business people into domaining is going to increase if companies like Sedo don't start acting consequently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom