Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

IYD.com whois nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I won a name at snapnames last October which ended up at IYD.com
The whois for my domain says:

Registrant
Pending Renewal or Deletion

However the record expires on September 13, 2008

I sent IYD.com a support ticket with the correct whois. No reply.

I called IYD.com from the UK and listened to Vivaldi for 10 minutes. No answer.

Is IYD a real company or is IYD a new kind of game??

Domain Days 2024

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This have anything in common? (Post from another forum)

Hi Folks,

A day before the Netsol story broke, I announced proof that ITSYOURDOMAINS.COM (IYD), a registrar of 700,000 domains purchased by TUCOWS last year, is actually changing the whois information on your domains with them to their own accounts SIX WEEKS BEFORE THEY EXPIRE.

This is NO LIE and I have the screenshots to prove it. If you bought a domain from a Snapnames auction like I did, and it was registered with IYD, they will alter the whois info to their own "blackhat" company six weeks before you have a chance to renew or transfer the domain away. Or even worse, before you have a chance to sell it before it expires.

THink about this: If you want to sell a domain that you don't want to renew, and you're a month out before the domain expires, you can't get offers from anyone looking up the whois info on your domain, or prove you OWN the domain because IYD has locked it down.

All the screenshots and proof and other details are available at http://www.successclick.com/eviscer...led_2008_01_08/.

This, in my opinion, is more insidious than the netsol frontrunning (although that's pretty ridiculous and I'd get RICO accusations started on that one).

I think Snapnames and any other expiring domain seller should discontinue working with IYD until they straighten this out.

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the above applies to my situation as the expiry date is not until the end of sept 08. However judging from that NP post, it looks as though iyd have issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom