Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

JaguarPC sucks donkey balls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just like the title says, they over load their servers to the point where you order a hosting account adn can't even upload files because you get a "533" error stating that the hard disks are full..

lol, wtf?

So bad....

tristanperry

Domainer & Web/Software Dev
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it. I've heard/read mixed reviews on them.

Unfortunately, without wanting to preach or anything, 95% of hosts who offer "endless" (i.e. "unlimited") disk-space and relatively loads of bandwidth are probably not the best of choice.

They're an extreme overseller, and probably one of the other customers uploaded xxx GBs of disk-space, hence this error (just proving, IMO, why it's not the best choice to go for an extreme overselling offer "Unlimited" disk-space or bandwidth... everything has limits)

But yeah, it sucks that they aren't managing their servers properly.

Last edited:

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did you reach your storage limit?

I would have to disagree, I've been with JaguarPC for years and only once has there been a problem with a reseller account due to hardware issues.

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, I didn't... this isn't the first time and there uptime has been horrible lately.

tristanperry

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The thing is, a quality host shouldn't have "bad servers" in the sense that the hard drives are full up. It takes poor management to allow a hard drive to fill up, especially in an oversold environment.

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
websites are now down and not resolving... go figure...

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
shared for now as I was hosting many other sites on a VPS, but only down to two, but thinking about getting a VPS again...

They admitted the servers to being 'over capacity' and asked if I wanted to get moved to a new server, which was nice, but why is it they allowed the server to get to this point?

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not defending JaguarPC, but that's web hosting for you. You pay peanuts and you get a poor quality service. You should at least upgrade to a reseller account. Whilst they are not the fastest servers going around at least their support is responsive.

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had a reseller account as well... had the same issues, I have been with several hosting companies, only one I really never had problems with was my VPS with VPSlink.com ~ which I am definitely considering going back to even though I really don't need all the space.

I pay I think $15/ month (auto pay), but that shouldn't matter on price, I only have two sites on it, shouldn't be this bad...

RustyK

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JaguarPC sucks donkey balls

I'm trying to picture this in my mind ... lol

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol, it seemed more than appropriate at the time...

:lol:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Years and years ago, I think around 2001 - I hosted with Aletia which was then acquired by JPC. At that time it was great, support was great - I even did some logos for them. In general, shared hosting with oversold servers and no restrictions on resource consumption causes performance issues.

tristanperry

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol, it seemed more than appropriate at the time...

Did you get this issue sorted, by the way?

Unless your sites are quite big, any quality shared/reseller host should suit fine.

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have two relatively small sites, one is my personal wordpress site and another is a stock market website of mine. My personal site only gets like 20-30 uniques a day while the stock site receives somewhere in the hundreds to low k's a day.

Nothing over the top, so I don't believe anything that I have done is the problem and they have admitted that to me... its all them... first the disks were full, then they other day, during a upgrade/expansion, I think it was they installed the wrong version of apache and the hosting went down, but this has been going on for the past year, just haven't wanted to go to the trouble of moving everything considering been so busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom