Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

January OVT Saw a Dive

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyphoidX

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As everyone knows overture is now using the 06 Jan search results. I did a search on a particular keyword in December, and found that it had around 40k searches. The literal spelling of the keywords in domains were open, so i reg'd them and created some sites related to it, spent a few weeks adding content, trying to build a decent site for the search engines.

Well that worked, i'm #1 on on google for one of the good keywords and rapidly closing in on the top 10 with another set. Life is good right?

Immediatly i started realizing that traffic seemed kind of low. But I chalked it up to not being on the engines yet.

The Jan results for my targeted keywords dropped from around 40k to 1.2k Ouch. Anyone else seen this kind of thing happen? The domain is travel related, maybe it was just up for the holidays, and is now down since everyone has finished their vacations or is low on cash? Is this part of a normal trend? Is there anyone who runs travel related domains that would be willing to give some feedback, does this seem like a traffic trend because of the month, or? I know December is a holiday month and people are seeing family, so I figured it would be abnormally high but still to 1.2k is a huge drop.

/wants december back

clown

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I found that Jan is up 20% from Dec.
Just search some ovt names from dec and most will have 20% more in jan.

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OVT update is always awsome . I registered 55 names in last 2 hours.

clown

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
scorpio, just my opinion but i wouldnt believe the numbers.

clown

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
scorpio, just my opinion but i wouldnt believe the numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom