Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

jobs.br.com and empregos.br.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In Brazil .com.br is the norm, but there are plenty of other third levels under .br.

I would be surprised .br.com really gets a measure of use there, promoting your domains might even drive traffic to the .com.br counterparts, not to mention the branding nightmare if you have ambitions. I think .br.com will always drag you down.
Honestly I have nothing good to say about the Centralnic domains, it's a newbie trap imho. I would never develop anything meaningful on a private subdomain, on top of that it is more expensive than a real extension.

The best would be to ask local people or run a survey.
I would do like this: first show them the URL, then tell them to visit the site. This is to verify that they remember the name correctly (especially the 'TLD' that is in reverse order, it's not what they are used to).
Then give them the business card so they have the name in print in front of their eyes, and see how many will 'correct' the .br.com to .com.br.
Whatever you do, it's very important to understand the local conditions and peculiarities when investing in foreign markets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom