Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Joint ownership of a domain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatbat

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A while back I sourced a domain for a decent price and negotiated its purchase from the previous owner. Another party put up the funds for this purchase and we agreed to split the ownership of this domain 50-50.

Now we want to use this domain to build a business that will be split in a different manner. First we want to establish 50-50 ownership and valuation of this domain at an agreed upon amount prior to forming this new venture, so if this new company would ever sell, the domain would be worth $xx,xxx or 10% of the company sale value, whichever is higher.

Have any of you ever drafted such an agreement? I can certainly approach one of the legal eagles here or elsewhere, I just wanted to see if anyone had any input that I might not have thought about already.

Thanks.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A while back I sourced a domain for a decent price and negotiated its purchase from the previous owner. Another party put up the funds for this purchase and we agreed to split the ownership of this domain 50-50.

Now we want to use this domain to build a business that will be split in a different manner. First we want to establish 50-50 ownership and valuation of this domain at an agreed upon amount prior to forming this new venture, so if this new company would ever sell, the domain would be worth $xx,xxx or 10% of the company sale value, whichever is higher.

Have any of you ever drafted such an agreement? I can certainly approach one of the legal eagles here or elsewhere, I just wanted to see if anyone had any input that I might not have thought about already.

Thanks.

i'm no legal beagle :)

but if the domain is part of the assets of the business and say the business when/if sold is worthless, then how will the domain retain it's value?

or how can you tie the value of the business or the value of the domain to the selling price of a business, beforehand?

i'm thinking maybe a "third party trust ownership" of the domain and leased to the business.

of the top of my head

imo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom