Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Joint ownership of .com and effect on UDRP

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can anyone enlighten me as to whether it is acceptable to jointly own a .com domain name ,and how would this effect entry in the whois ?. Would I put as registrant "Mr A BC and Domains Inc" and whose address would I put ?.

Thanks

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Without a contract, how do you define 'joint ownership'? The terms of the contract of ownership should describe the entity that owns it. Perhaps - to be legally binding - you'd need to form a corporation with both parties as members.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Acro, there would not be "an" entity, it would be Mr A BC and Domains Inc who would have oral agreement between themselves . I just wondered whether there is any bar to the domain be registered in the name of "Mr A BC and Domains Inc" ?.

DG

marcorandazza

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Doesn't seem to be any reason that you can't list both names in the whois. But... why not do what Acro suggested? That seems smarter.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just wondered whether there is any bar to the domain be registered in the name of "Mr A BC and Domains Inc"

Possible, yes. Sensible, no.

A partnership is a "legal entity" insofar as a venture undertaken by partners will be treated as one. If your "real" question, is whether the domain name would be found to be cybersquatted if there is some bizarre collection of facts where Partner A is cybersquatting and Partner B is somehow not, then you may be asking the wrong question.

The joy of a partnership is that you will be held just as liable as your partner for anything he/she does wrong. Feel better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom