Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Wanted: Service Joomla - Anything easier out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not concerned with price but I need a CMS syatem that is basically point and click with haveing to manually edit templates one by one.

Does anyone know anything better or easier to use than joomla?

I have been trying to figure out how to change a simple header picture for a while.

Maybe a commercial package would be easier to use.

Any help is appreaciated.

-=DCG=-

Borghunter

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I beleive Joomla is probalbly the easiest CMS out there, however you may want to try PHP-Fusion it is also a fairly simple and easy to use system, depends on your experience in web programming, I myself prefer Joomla or Mambo (both the same) than anything else.

cjmacd

iwebwork.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
from all the ones I’ve used Joomla / mambo is by far the best.
Adam, is your header picture a part of your content or is it a part of the template?

If you need assistance I've had plenty of experience working with joomla sites.

just msg me on messenger or email admin -At- iwebwork.com I can help with that and your other sites.

Good luck with it.

-Chris

dotcomgiant

Technologist
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well , can try plone ( plone.org ) . Its bit time consuming while installation. But once installed its very easy to configure/customise and works as a charm.

:)

NameAlot.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In terms of available templates and point and click ease... definitey Joomla/mambo depending on what your needs are, php-nuke, and xoops was relatively easy. But if forced to choose one I'd say php-nuke. Very versatile and has more support out there then the others.

dotcom

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
for ease of templates and a VERY basic CMS system, i would have to say http://www.cmsimple.dk

i must also say , that yes, i design templates for them, but if you just need and editable online site, that comes with auto generated sitemap, search functions & guestbook, then this CMS system is great. NO MYSQL just a single HTML file holds the content.

I have done over 270 templates for them.

This isn't really a plug, just answering your post question, that is, templates are just so easy to edit and or design

cheers
mike

dotDan

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've tried out a bunch of CMS systems, and I haven't found any with a really exceptional templating system. If you want to just hire someone to do the templating, I (and quite a few other people here I would assume) could do it--I've skinned Joomla before and haven't had too much trouble.

If you don't need the functionality of a full CMS, smaller systems (blogs and such) might be easier to work with.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
I am not concerned with price but I need a CMS syatem that is basically point and click with haveing to manually edit templates one by one.

Does anyone know anything better or easier to use than joomla?

I have been trying to figure out how to change a simple header picture for a while.

Maybe a commercial package would be easier to use.

Any help is appreaciated.

-=DCG=-

I recommend joomla or mambo. Actually, I redo my cms from phpnuke to postnuke to joomla. The management and security update is excellent. I'm also doing some development on the side, I can easily adapt the concept to joomla. The addition of zip files to upload component, modules and mambots are excellent.

I've been post/phpnuke users since 1999 but love the management interface of joomla or mambo, easy to create google/yahoo website tempates. This is what I'm doing right now to my other domains with big time traffic.

If you go to commercial, you have the same approach of learning ... cold fusion, vignett, etc. You have to buy the server license and database license as well. In open source, you don't have to spend any cent to maintain your CMS. Just buy my domains lol.

Just move my site to joomla ... www.hardworking.com, still uploading some component/module to complete. I spend less than 2 hours to setup and modify the templates.

My 2 cents,
Em

fkrule

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mkportal is my fav

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been testing on joomla.parkingsite.com

This is a test site for planets.com.

But Joomla seems clumsy at times.

For instance if you pick a certain 'type' for a page then want to change it to static content you need to delete and re-enter rather than just change page type.

-=DCG=-

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes they are using mambo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom