Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Just a suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Although too many subforums may give the forum a cluttered look, I feel that something is needed in order to bring the sales back in DNF.

There are still many sales taking place on DNF, make no mistake about that. However, I have found that a good bit of good domain names get lost and knocked down by lower class domain posts.

Although the saying is true, "one mans trash, is anothers treasure," we must all certainly be able to tell prime names from non.

I feel that we need a sub-forum for higher class domain names, LLL.com's/nets/orgs/infos/us
and One word dictionary terms and names of that class ONLY.

Limiting the sub-forum to certain criteria, will limit the number of posts in the subforum; and will give the better names more exposure with significant more time "on top"

This is only a suggestion as I have found it quite frustrating lately to see others as well as my posts dwindle down to be unseen by a majority of the members here.

Upvote 0

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is a hard nut to crack Andy. The big problem is setting the criteria.

Maybe it could be based on the scores provided by premiumdomain.com :smilewinkgrin:

Seriously, I don't think this could happen due to the subjectivity factor.

Edit: I re-read your post and agree about the single word generics and LLL. That would work well I think.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do agree that it would make sense for 'all' LL/NN and LLL/NNN domains to be currently provided with a sub-forum (this might actually include all 2 and 3 character domains).

So what about these domain names?

Monophysite.com
Gimcrack.com
Punctiliousness.com
Squirearchy.com

Once again we return to the problem of subjectivity.

But as for giving the 'better names' more time on top (one would actually argue that that is what they didn't need by the very definition) what would this actually achieve? We already have the 'suffix haters' who deride a suffix because it is 'not this suffix' or 'it is that suffix', to segregate even further on a subjective level would just make things even worse for the domaining community here as a whole. Shall we go as far as the French have tried and try to start banning words that are not historical English as the French have tried to ban non-French words?

My vote is 'No' to this point. We already have a rule that the domain name must be in the title of the thread (or at least one domain name of those included must be). Sellers invariably put their best domain name/s in the title of a thread. If the Seller does not want to attract a buyer by not doing so then be it. As a perspective buyer members can read the title of the thread. So where is the problem?

Besides members can choose to look already at 'unread posts' or 'Todays posts' besides looking at each sub-forum of interest individually. Therefore I see no convincing argument for the creation of such a subjective thread.

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree that 3 letter domains are distinctive enough to warrant their own sub forum

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The problem is when you post a name, only to have it disapear from the first and even seccond PAGE of the sales forum within hours! Im telling you. The increase in names that are low in class that are being posted here on DNF are hurting sales.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is a hard nut to crack Andy. The big problem is setting the criteria.

Maybe it could be based on the scores provided by premiumdomain.com :smilewinkgrin:

Seriously, I don't think this could happen due to the subjectivity factor.
Well, I don't think this would cause lots of problems. Sure, sometimes not-so-good domains sell for a premium, but that doesn't make them premium domains (e.g. if DFDF36.COM sold for $1M it would still not be considered to be a premium domain). DNF's mods a very experienced and respected domainers and I fully trust them and I think they can differentiate between good and bad domains.

Anyway, the sales forum in the Exclusive area is sort of a high priced forum, so we don't need an additional forum for premium domains in the Platinum area, in my opinion. In addition, a Platinum sales forum for premium domains would only result in less people reading the other Plat sales forums and therefore Platinum memberships would go down in value (and so would Exclusive memberships, because there would suddenly be two sales forums for high priced domains).

Regarding the sales forum for LLL domains, there already is a forum for numeric domain sales, so it would make sense to also create a forum for LLL domains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom