Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Just another method of ignoring customers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo recently implemented this new system of selling and transferring.

It was designed to facilitate a better flow of information between the seller and sedo.

You make a comment and that comment is responded to.

Bullshit.

What I have found is this is nothing more than a look good, feel good gimmick to make us happy about Sedo.

Now, not only are Sedo's agents ignoring or not responding directly to emails they now have a new tool to ignore.

Not once has a comment been responded to within that new transaction system and not once has the agent responded to emails regarding the no response to that new feature.

Honestly, what is so hard to figure out about basic customer service?

And why is it so difficult to implement a system that decreases the amount of backout buyers and bidders???

Most of all,

Why do your customers, Sedo, have to come onto a forum and issue a complaint about the customer service in order to get a response?

What business model emulates this? It sure as hell ain't working.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, Gerry.

I was about to post my first couple of positive experiences with the new system - one as the buyer and one as the seller.

Although I did not ask any questions through the system, but simply left comments regarding the ongoing transactions, I cannot tell whether the new system enhances communication between the two parties and Sedo.

However, it seemed to be more streamlined and more robust than the old method.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
However, it seemed to be more streamlined and more robust than the old method.
I think the biggest issue is perhaps the agent.

I have had major issues such as he not responding at all or posting a comment in the old transaction format and not even bothering to let me know that there were instructions posted.

Communication is key in any transaction.

Telling your boss that you did contact me via telephone or email when there is no record of it (which actually happened twice with this same agent).

Today is the forth day since I have posted comments in the new transaction panel and the forth day since emailing the agent directly about an issue.

And, wouldn't you know? Today is Friday so we know there won't be anything done until next week. There seem to work on a four day workweek but told no one.

I have never had replies, transfers, names added, etc after late Thursday evening until the Following Monday.

What, call someone like many have suggested in the past?

Why!

When there are systems in place or created to facilitate communication and those are repeatedly ignored and not responded to - picking up the phone does NOTHING to correct those issues.

If Sedo would rather get phone calls for every little thing - then fine.

Remove all email contacts and addresses and just post a phone number.

I love nothing better than listening to music while on hold.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Perhaps a few tips might help. I will try to "toss" them out as I recall them.

First, I try to match the other party's Registrar. E.g. if they are selling @ GoDaddy, I use GoDaddy. If I sell @ eNom, usually it goes via Sedo's eNom account. So no inter-registrar transfers occur.

In the old system, I'd email the agent about every step I made. In this system, I left a comment confirming what I did e.g. pushed the domain to Sedo account with Fabulous, or made payment via Paypal for the amount quoted.

I think both of my transactions were controlled by Colin Finnan, with whom I've dealt several times in the past.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have had major issues such as he not responding at all
If you write same style as on DNF (very long, every 2nd line empty) I guess they are always postponing reading your emails when they have some time for it

barefoot

Go barefoot!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had a very positive experience using the new system as a seller. The entire transaction was completed within several days. Comments/questions I posted were quickly answered, and there were no problems at all.

Thumbs up to Sedo, as far as I'm concerned.

And politeness goes a long way in my book, especially when dealing with someone working in customer service.

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've just used the new system today and now I wait for their reply. My agent is Carla Pérez Fernández, I've never dealt with she in the past, hopefully she'll answer soon.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you write same style as on DNF (very long, every 2nd line empty) I guess they are always postponing reading your emails when they have some time for it
Long posts on DNF almost seem necessary to explain every minute detail and answer a question before it arises.

Going into detail about everything must be the way I was educated, trained and practice in my actual career. Not explaining something in detail or clarifying leaves every thing open to interpretation. After teaching for several years as well, it becomes almost second nature.

Having to document every little detail (in detail) in perhaps tens of thousands of charts over the past numerous years is also a learned trait.

Usually I have one chance to get it right the first time and spend time on documentation that first time to make every thing clear and concise and no errors.

Is there one thing in my original post that needs clarification? No.

I can and do write short concise notes. I am a master at this art as well.

I write, type, and think very fast. Again, training and something called "critical thinking" skills that are crucial in medicine. Eliminating errors, back and forth and back and forth conversations breaks the original message - just like this thread and all the subsequent posts. The issue gets cloudier as necessary and un-necessary communication takes place.

I can and do slow down when I am speaking directly to people and such. There can be no error on my part and I can not second guess myself.

In summation, all someone from Sedo would have to do is read the first post which is inclusive of the concerns. There is no reason for Sedo to go any further than that thread. They would not have to come on to this forum and this post and ask follow up questions or clarifications to any of the points at all, except perhaps a PM for the agent's names (which I elected to keep out of the post)

I really appreciate the concern, Denny.

But don't worry - I can afford another keyboard when I wear this one out.

Okay, short version of what I just said.

Sorry you find it too much to read and comprehend.

Do you work for Sedo?

Ah, thought so.

And politeness goes a long way in my book
Indeed, and I agree 100%.

But don't you find it odd that Nothing works?

The last resort is to post on this forum and hope like hell someone reads it.

Next step is twitter.

S

SedoCoUk

Hi Gerry,

I think the the forums are a great way for us to interact with customers and the domain community in general. It is good to have frank and open exchanges. I definitely think a lot of the feedback we receive helps us improve.

On saying that, I also think we should be allowed to counter some of the comments you made here.

First of all the new transfer system is primarily in place to make the transaction more secure. This is certainly not a " gimmick".

Secondly, I presume this is with regards to your two open sales? I have to say in this instance, I see absolutely no evidence to suggest that the agent has been ignoring you. It would be improper to discuss specific details on a public forum, but both transactions have/are been handled in the correct manner.

I also personally believe that it is good to call your transfer agent from time to time, especially as domain transfers can vary so greatly. It really can help to expedite matters and increase the understanding from both sides.

Sometime I wonder whether people just have an axe to grind, as it appears you chose to post, rather than call your agent or even PM me directly.

I hope everyone has a good weekend!

Best,

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
^Find shrink ask him for graphomania/typomania this shiat is unreadable seriously

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Gerry,

I think the the forums are a great way for us to interact with customers and the domain community in general. It is good to have frank and open exchanges. I think a lot of the feedback we receive helps us improve.

On saying that I also think we should be allowed to counter some of the comments you made here.

First of all the new transfer system is primarily in place to make the transaction more secure. This is certainly not a " gimmick".

Secondly I presume this is with regards to your two open sales? I have to say in this instance I see absolutely no evidence to suggest that the agent has been ignoring you. It would be improper to discuss specific details on a public forum, but both transactions have/are been handled in the correct manner.

I also personally believe that it is good to call your transfer agent from time to time, especially as domain transfers can vary so greatly. It really can help to expedite matters and increase the understanding from both sides.

Sometime I wonder whether people just have an axe to grind, as it appears you chose to post, rather than call your agent or even PM me directly.

I hope everyone has a good weekend!

Best,

Tom
Tom, you have helped tremendously in the past.

I guess every company has to have someone as their clean up person.

You must be a busy person.

You hit the nail on the head - I have an axe to grind.

What more hoops does a customer have to jump through?

Lets see;

I have posted comments in that transaction comment section.

I have emailed E**** directly.

It has been 4 days since any (which is NO) response

I have utilized the systems that Sedo has established.

Are there more?

Oh, there are:

• Call.
  • Post on forum.
  • Post on twitter.

No Problem.

Will do.

Thank you for coming onto the forum and helping clarify Sedo's policies.

Have a good weekend back at cha'

^Find shrink ask him for graphomania/typomania this shiat is unreadable seriously
Then don't hurt your little self reading it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom