Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Just bought a LLLL.com on ebay for $32..

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtTheLake

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So,

UQQK.com is a LLLL.com and for a decent price of $32... good, ok, stupid buy ? ?

Although i can't think of a single combination of words at this point it might represent; the only thing i thought when i first saw it was " U LOOK " because the QQ kind of look like eyeballs. And so a newbies enthusiasm might not earn me a profit but for $32 i guess at this point it is my shortest .com

Domain summit 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
LQQK would have been ok. UQQK sounds like "yuck".

AtTheLake

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yah I know.. but since I am a half crazy newbie I couldn't help but get some kind of short .com most of my hand registered ones are 6-15 L .com types and hey the seller was asking $75 so I am slightly surprised but kind of not that he took $32

loscocco

is out kiteboarding
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not bad... about as random as u can get but still short. looks better as UQQK than uqqk. nice find!

AtTheLake

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
love the Jason Bourne.com website... I liked those movies! makes everyone want to be a silent smooth walking badass! lol

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just looked at the auction...the graphic the guy made of the "Q's" made them look more like "O's" - made the name look more appealing. I have to say I would not have picked this up on a $5 firesale drop - mainly because I cannot come up with a single use for it (of course someone else may find a good use). My bet is that is you put a domain wanted add on this forum for a llll.com with a $32 budget...you would do better. Either way I wish you the best with it.

UltraQuick QualityKeys - maybe sell keys?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You paid reseller price. Now is there an end user for this one, that's another question.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You probably could have got a better LLLL.com here for the same price or less. Still, it didn't cost you very much and you never know if it will be the exact domain someone is looking for. It looks interesting in all caps, I'll give it that. Might make an interesting name for a small start-up company or App.

Julio

DominioNombres.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I pronounce "U Q QK" it sounds to me like "U Cook".

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Many big sales are of LLLL's.
But not all LLLL's are big sales.

Just as many bottles of champagne can command five figure prices.
All bottles of champagne must come from the Champagne region of France.
But not all wines which are exported from said region are any good.

So, just because you have an LLLL.com domain, does not mean that you have a premium domain, per se.

UQQK is an inferior combination of letters. Just to be straight up with you. Google "uqqk" and tell me what you see. Are there end users?

Katherine made a great point in that it remains questionable as to whether an end user price, or an end user, for that matter, exists.

It's a long shot on a domain like this, and certainly not one I would take. Especially when the $32 in question represents four .com registrations which could have been used on what are, respectfully put, better names.

AtTheLake

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maxwell is exactly right. An overzealous purchase at the time.. Really UQQK -----> Pry not to many end users; I will chaulk it up to a good $32 learning lesson.

I also found this website that is very helpful and educational as well for anyone who hasnt learned quads yet... LLLLsales.com

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maxwell is exactly right. An overzealous purchase at the time.. Really UQQK -----> Pry not to many end users; I will chaulk it up to a good $32 learning lesson.

I also found this website that is very helpful and educational as well for anyone who hasnt learned quads yet... LLLLsales.com

Great resource! These LLLL's are changing hands way too inexpensively.

Think about it. LLL's go for mid-high $x,xxx to START. They serve the exact same function as LLLL's, in that they are abbreviations.

With LLL's becoming harder and harder to get a hold of, you can make a sure bet that LLLL's will be sought not only as alternatives, but also for companies and organizations that can't keep using the full spell-out of their name.

Mind you, there are 456,976 possible LLLL combinations, whereas there are only 17,576 LLL combinations (less than 4% of possible LLLL's).

This means there will be

a) more junk domains

and

b) more names to invest in while attempting to realize a return

I see $20 and $30 sales on that site that I would pay multiples of that amount for. I guess I'd better look out for some more LLLL's.

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Also, for those of you who have no faith in eBay, I just bought lesbian rights dot org about 10 minutes ago for $62. Good domains are out there, it's just a matter of getting past all the noise of "next big thing" .biz domains on the site.

AtTheLake

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have heard stay off ebay but I still browse it for fun and sifting through the rough. I am absolutely amazed after only a couple months of domaining experience I can accurately say almost everything on ebay is crap, but I think one can find some good ones here and there.

I picked up Hotels_LLC_.com just the other day for $9.99 I think thats a good find!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators