Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Just caught a name that was used for spam. How do I clean it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveatvillas

Domain Network Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello all:

I just caught a name that I need, it is the acronym for my full business name. An LLLL.com. Paid fair price...always too much, eh??

Anyway.

I went into this with my eyes open. The domain has a history, as does the previous registrar and host, of spamming. All three show up on various black lists.

But that's not me.

What is the procedure for cleaning up the domain with the Google and other SEO gods?

Should I warehouse it for 6 months and let it cool down? Write a nice email to Goog, that will never be answered? Or, just go for it and use it right away?

Any thoughts?

As always, thanks in advance.

Steve

PS: If I've not posted this in right place, can moderator help out?

tristanperry

Domainer & Web/Software Dev
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There's no easy way to do this, but I'd personally leave it cool off for a bit. Perhaps put a one-page website on it (coming soon, and business info - at least, make sure it's hosted somewhere where spam isn't sent out).

If you go to the various blacklists, they may have options to get the domain removed from their database. I had a few IPs before that were blacklisted, but filling in the blacklists' forms got me removed from nearly all of them.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Have a site built and remove the "all catch" feature for emails. Create your own accounts e.g. [email protected] instead of the usual info@ etc.

steveatvillas

Domain Network Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, great advice.

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
can't you plug it up to some slid content and groom the results anew?

acegoet

Platinum Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the newbie question...but where can you go and check to see if a domain has been blacklisted?

steveatvillas

Domain Network Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are tons of free services for looking at spam sites, hosts and registrars.

The easiest thing to do is just google for spam+websites, or something like this. Here is a place to start:

http://www.siteadvisor.com

If you suspect that a domain is spamming or you are looking to acquire a domain do a little research first. Just search on the URI in google and see what comes up. That's what I did.

On the name I just acquired, the sponsoring registrar has numerous incidences against it for allowing outgoing spam, and its record for suspending offending domain/website operators — of which my acquisition is one — is pretty dismal.

You really don't have to look any further than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom