Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Just got Sedo Adult auction spam from a Sedo customer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just received this spam e-mail from [email protected] where this guy obviously tries to make me think it's from Sedo:

I usually don't report these spam e-mails, but I'm starting to get tired of them now. :upset:

I'm sure Sedo LLC don't want their clients to spam their auctions while acting as they're representing Sedo. ;)

Edit: When I take a closer look at these domain names, are these even in Sedo's adult auction inventory? ;)

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got 10 copies of this crap and reported to Kamila immediately. I was getting lots of this in the past a I always bounced it to Sedo and it stopped

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The higher they sell for the more $$$ SEDO makes - why would they stop this?

Look at the domains.. Geez, I can handreg russian IDN .biz names worth more than these. :smilewinkgrin:

They're not in any auctions either. I hope Sedo shuts this user's account down.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Reported.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just received this spam e-mail from [email protected] where this guy obviously tries to make me think it's from Sedo:

I usually don't report these spam e-mails, but I'm starting to get tired of them now. :upset:

I'm sure Sedo LLC don't want their clients to spam their auctions while acting as they're representing Sedo. ;)

Edit: When I take a closer look at these domain names, are these even in Sedo's adult auction inventory? ;)

you should verify whether the email was sent from sedo or not

if it isn't then you shouldn't implicate sedo in this manner as the title suggests

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SedoCoUk

Hello everyone,

Thank you for the posts. I have forwarded this issue on to our Security & Compliance Team.

If you receive emails like this you may report them to [email protected].

Regards,

Lisa

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo needs to take some action...

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Thank you for the posts. I have forwarded this issue on to our Security & Compliance Team.

Regards,

Lisa

Lisa, could you make sure that the emailaddress works? My mail gets returned with the following notification:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550-Callout verification failed:
550 550 5.1.1 User unknown (state 14).

When I email to abuse(at)sedo.com the message is even more confusing. I get a ticket, but also the following message:
Dear Sender, Thank you for contacting Sedo. This email address, [email protected], is only being used to process PayPal payments; if you have sent us a payment, please disregard this automated message. If you have contacted us for assistance related to your Sedo account or other services, this inquiry will not receive a response. Please visit our Customer Support Center at http://support.sedo.com to search for information or resubmit your question, comment, or concern. Thank you!

Last edited:

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Regards,

Lisa

Thank you for posting this, Lisa. I was about to ask if Sedo had an email address like this. While the email in the OP is a blatant attempt to sell their names, they are impersonating SEDO (with the email address) plus it could be considered a (very poor) phishing attempt.

Also, let's keep it on subject. The OP received an email from someone pretending to be Sedo . If your posts are not directly related to that either post it in a relevant thread or create a new one. We don't need every thread hijacked because of other issues.

S

SedoCoUk

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the confusion. We are phasing a couple email addresses out and that was one that no longer works. Please use [email protected] going forward.

Again, I apologize for the confusion and thank you for picking up on it.

Thanks,

Lisa

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Got this today...not a SEDO but same names coming from email - [email protected]
Header of the email said (hello,how pitbull.info traffic) ..a domain I own so trying to make like interested in the pitbull name...:rolleyes:

blune wrote:
> hi,i have some domain for sale
> setoo.com
> setoo.net
> setoo.org
>
>
> other domains
> ==============================
>
> vinva.com
> blune.com
> zaxm.com
> a4y.cc
> morok.tw
> aisex.cc
> 11711.net
> crackmd5.com
>
> if you interested,contact me please,thanks

Googled the email and got this
http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&source=...gle+Search&meta=&aq=f&oq=&fp=534f85b8644f63ce

Nice if this piece of excrement could be nailed....

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have reported this clown to gmail and they said they took 'appropriate action'. Still getting crap from this person ?

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got that one at 2 pm EST today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom