Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Just received this email..

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I recently got the domain JattBrothers.com with a GoDaddy backorder & just received this email:

hi

this is the owner of jattbrothers.com from 3 years and we would like to have ur legal teams name and address so we can proceed on getting the our domain name back. this is the my trademark of my company in the uk jattbrothers.com music.namezero our perious company advised us to wait for the domain name to become available before moving itto a diffrerent company. i have already rang your domain name comapany in canada who have advised us that we are right in our legal challange and to contact you directly. it seems u may have back ordered our domain name as we are the trademark holders and owned it for the past 3 years and also own jattbrothers.co.uk we will fight this case fully. however we would like to resolve this matter as quickly as possible therefore appreciate your cooperation please contact us regarding this issue as soon as possible.
Regards

**** & ****

JattBrothers.com
[email protected]
[email protected]

UK's Number 1 Asian Website

I see no trademark issues myself with the name... what should I do?

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Even the .co.uk name is "Detagged", either they have been very careless or some other mystery. There is no website obviously but there are a few references to "RattBrothers" :-

http://216.239.37.104/search?q=cach...003_Apr_07.pdf+"ratt+brothers"&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Mentions them in connection with some church programme but there doesn't seem a great deal more.

The .co.uk name is registered to a Randeep Singh:

Domain Name:
jattbrothers.co.uk

Registrant:
Randeep Singh

Registrant's Agent:
No agent listed. This registration is DETAGGED.

For details regarding the DETAGGED status please
refer to: http://www.nominet.org.uk/ref/detagged.html

Relevant Dates:
Registered on: 10-May-2000
Renewal Date: 10-May-2004
Last updated: 15-Jun-2002

Registration Status:
Renewal request being processed.

No name servers listed.

WHOIS database last updated at 21:25:01 04-Sep-2003

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They prolly forgot to renew but figured rather than pay redemption fees they'd let it drop and pick it back up at reg.

There is a site in the wayback blabbering about "the #1 asian site bla bla bla"

Why did you bo/reg it anyway?

Sell it to them for $150 and be done with it. Unless you regged it for a reason other than resale.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, just received a phone call from the guy suprisingly enough.

I registered the name myself for the traffic (around 150 @ OVT) but I don't care about the name itself.

The guy on the phone sounded visibly upset about it was wonderering what interest I had in the name etc etc

Told him to fwd me some documents & show me the TM on the UK site or whatever & if it all looks ok I will transfer the name to him if he buys me another backorder.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Told him to fwd me some documents & show me the TM on the UK site or whatever"

...always a good thing to do. After all, when you receive ten emails a day from the Nigerian National Petroleum Company, you can't be expected to believe every claim that comes in email. Requesting appropriate documentation is a simple step toward sorting out the loonies.

LewR

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can say one thing - musical people seem to have a severe habit of not paying renewals. I have handled at least 20 such names...

In the cases where proof of past ownership/copyright info was sent, a "modest fee" was requested along with a CD and a T-shirt. I actually have some nice contacts because of this.

Some bands were pretty bad though...LOL

M

mole

Hahaha.. this is funny. I can understand why Randeep is puzzled someone would register a name like Jattbrothers.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, we got this all worked out. He brought me a backorder & I trasnferred the name to him. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom