Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Just so SEDO knows - stolen domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
theparrot said:
and at this point , allegedly stolen domain.

Hello from Sedo!
Regarding komchadluek.com

The party alledging that the domain was stolen from them has contacted us but has not supplied us with any proof of current or previous ownership.

I have recommended the party alledging legal ownership to contact the London-based company listed in the WHOIS and also their registrar.

The registrar of the domain would most certainly be interested in this alledged case of domain hijacking.

The party alledging legal ownership of komchadluek.com requested the Sedo member's personal details.
We are not at liberty to disclose any member's personal data.
Please see this extract from our terms of use:

5. Protection of Data
"The client agrees that during the contractual relationship his/her data will be electronically processed and saved by sedo GmbH according to German data protection laws. Unauthorised access will not be given to any third party."

We are currently investigating the ownership of this domain in more detail.
If we find that the domain has been "hijacked" we will of course delete the domain from our database.

The parties directly involved in the ownership dispute of komchadluek.com are welcome to contact us directly here at Sedo.
As I'm sure you can all understand, we cannot address questions regarding specific cases on the forum.

Again - it's really great to see you all here at dnforum.com.
We really appreciate your custom and value your comments .

biznews

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Current name servers on Whois does not reflect SEDO nameservers. Weird! How is the domain then parked on SEDO????

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We just want to alert Sedo not to deal with this domain. FBI will follow up with Sedo soon.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Appears the domain is back in the rightful hands.

Hopefully Sedo will follow up with law enforcement, and not payout the PPC revenues.

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Or preferably they will do the ultra right thing, and pay the PPC earnings to me instead of the thief. I am morally comfortable with that option.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo should pay out the PPC $$$$ to the true owners of Komchadluek.com -- not only the rev-share of the thief, but also their own percentage.

Oh, and disclose what other domains are in the same account. I bet that wasn't the only stolen domain in that person's account.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The theif told me step-by-step how he hacked in to Register.com account. Register.com gives out important keys in its HTML source page. If you have the account there, beware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators