Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Just spoken to Sedo and told of changes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have just spoken to Sedo over the phone and found out the following:

1) Sedo will only put .com auction listings on the homepage auction block (contrary to the email I have from them that says 'all non-adult domains will be rotated on the homepage').

2) Last Tuesday's statistics were incorrectly recorded and that is why suddenly the payout dropped at the end of the day.

3) Last Friday's statistics were incorrectly recorded and that is why suddenly the payout dropped at the end of the day.

4) There was a problem yesterday evening between 2000 hrs CETand 2400 hrs CET with the computer (strange other members here as well as myself recorded the problem as starting earlier and lasting longer).

I did try explaining to the second member of staff I spoke to at Sedo the depth of bad feeling that is growing against the company but the only comment was that she felt sorry I felt this way (in other words she thought it was just I moaning).

Anyway, the major upshot is that if you have a domain that is not a dotcom then Sedo have decided to not put it on the homepage in the auction list, it would have been nice if Sedo had the decency to inform us all of these changes! But then again when doesn't Sedo treat us all as mushrooms (kept in the dark and fed on s***)!

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
But then again when doesn't Sedo treat us all as mushrooms (kept in the dark and fed on s***)!

...and when we grow out of the bs they're covering us with, we'll get decapitated? depressing.

olebean

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Will Sedo Please clarify this puplically?

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i think Sara also stopped appearing in the forums.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
whatever they did yesterday, today I am seeing a big drop in earnings and a nother drop in CPCs..anyone else?

AnnaS

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So far I have positive feedback with Parked. Sedo's auctions and the premium listings for the front page placement did not generate attention compared to here.

And from a buyers standpoint, I find them to be exactly the same as afternic in appearance on the listings page. Being in a huge listing with minimal front page rotaton based upon how much they get for premium listings just did not seem beneficial for me. Any serious buyer is going to click the entire category, so you ae in a list of hundreds not 20 or so.

As for ad revenue, I do not have enough experience to say with any of them, let alone to see a drop in traffic from one day to another.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have just spoken to Sedo over the phone and found out the following: Sedo will only put .com auction listings on the homepage auction block (contrary to the email I have from them that says 'all non-adult domains will be rotated on the homepage').
That would be stupid of them. Currently 6 out of the top 10 highest bid ($xx,xxx) names on their auction right now are non-coms. Wouldn't you think they would want to list either the auctions ending first, or highest bid, or most active first? Sedo is appearing more brain dead every day.

olebean

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Then you wonder why the founders are selling out

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom