Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Just watched Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It was like LA was a city of 100 people the way so many people that had nothing to do with each other kept running into each other. All in less than 24 hours.

Domain Days 2024

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yup, a little unrealistic, but very powerful nonetheless. I saw it twice in theatres after it came out...

$$$

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I watched the firs half. I turned it off I didn't like it.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good moive, but I must say not good enough to beat Brokeback Mountain, not even close.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I did not enjoy this movie.

I do not enjoy movies with spousal abuse, drug abuse or child abuse.

I felt really uncomfortable when the cop was abusng the woman while her husband was right there. I don't enjoy that kind of crap, I wanted to beat the snot out of the cop.

This is to show us that this happens in real life, that's fine, but I sill don't like it at all.

-=DCG=-

khuldun

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Realistic but wicked :(

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It was obviously contrived but I appreciated the depth of it. The idea that the bad guys could do good things and the good guys could do bad things. The brave could be cowardly at times and the cowards could be brave at times. I liked "The Unforgiven" for the same reasons.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I felt really uncomfortable when the cop was abusng the woman while her husband was right there. I don't enjoy that kind of crap, I wanted to beat the snot out of the cop.

As did I, but I go to the movies looking to get emotionally involved...and this movie certainly did that for me, even if the majority of the emotions were not positive ones.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
As did I, but I go to the movies looking to get emotionally involved...and this movie certainly did that for me, even if the majority of the emotions were not positive ones.
Yes, this is EXACTLY the FUNCTION of movies (and literature or any form of art): catharsis (courtesy of Aristotle), to EXPERIENCE something that we are not able or willing or dare to do in real life BUT gaining that first hand feeling.

realraptor

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For me, this movie was good but not as good as some say it is. I've seen movies with the exact same or similar themes, except that Crash is told in a different order/manner. It was predictable, and pretentious, but worth the rental fee.

Momentum

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For me it was depressing and flat out was not entertaining to watch. The whole theme of breaking through racial stereotypes is just getting so predictable. And that was just one of the many cliches in this movie that have been done much better and more enjoyable in many other movies.

To me this is another example of how ridiculous the Oscars really are. And the critics for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom