Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Just wondering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dzelil

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If someone was to register microsoftalk.net and use it as a forum to disucss about windows related products do you think there would be any problems?

freestyler

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dzelil said:
If someone was to register microsoftalk.net and use it as a forum to disucss about windows related products do you think there would be any problems?

You bet.

Scooter

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dzelil said:
a forum to discuss about windows related products

If you added value to the world of Microsoft technologies, it may not be a problem. I have a number of MS related product domains, and I have links from the MS website.

If you effort is any good, I will link to you.

Dzelil

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Scooter said:
If you added value to the world of Microsoft technologies, it may not be a problem. I have a number of MS related product domains, and I have links from the MS website.

If you effort is any good, I will link to you.

I have added you on msn to get some more information regarding this

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Scooter said:
Mind flashing them here (since they are already linked from Microsoft)? Thanks.

ExpireGuy

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dzelil said:

Microsoft is very protective of it's brand. I'm not a lawyer, but I know they have plenty of them.

Ricado

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
disucss about windows related products
Great!
I have a "Move-To.NET User Group" for .net developer.

Microsoft is very protective of it's brand.
100% Yes!
But if your site is "For Microsoft", it's OK!

Ricado

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1.Built a user group or forum about Microsoft products or technology.
2.Sell software, service, etc.
3.just for fun!

BTW, Microsoft will pay nothing to you!
Keep in mind!

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
do you think there would be any problems?

Any problems?

For starters, there would still be things like hunger, poverty, and war in various places on earth. Even Jesus told Judas that they poor would always be with us. So, yes, despite registration of this domain name, there will continue to be problems.

It is, of course, impossible to talk about something without identifying the subject of the discussion. So, from that perspective, the use of a trademark in order to identify the subject matter of a discussion about the trademarked goods or services themselves is a perfectly acceptable nominative use. One needs to exercise care to avoid an impression that the owner of the trademark itself authorizes, endorses, or otherwise supports the discussion.

Does that mean that the trademark owner might not object? No. People make all sorts of claims all of the time. If dealing with an objection is a "problem", then, yes, if the trademark owner decides to raise an objection, then you would have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom