Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

JustHost (bad first impression)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krumble

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well I decided to open a JustHost account and see how it would compare after only having sites with GoDaddy. I know GoDaddy is far from perfect but in my whole five hours of being a JustHost consumer I wish I had never started the relationship.

I purchased a two year package and took the free domain name. It is part of a multiple domain name concept I am working on with a few other folks. For the time being I wanted the registration and all the WhoIs data to be private. Until we are launch ready I just didn't want anything to be displayed.

I paid for the privacy. When I did a whois search on my domain it came back partially private but under the Admin Contact it revealed all of my personal information they took from me during the billing process.

Now the only people that can fix it are lvl 3 techs who apparently don't have telephones and only respond via email. They also don't allow the user to change the contact information on the domains they have registered like I could with GoDaddy. If I could edit the information it would be a non issue.

Sorry for the long post but at this point what options do I have? It was important for me for whatever reason to have my domain info private and it is not. At this point my tickets are in but my first relationship with this company was a bit botched.

Should I take this as a sign and go with another hosting company or should I just suck it up and let them fix the mistake and assume it was just a random oversight?

Regards,

Krumble

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've used them before I outgrew them...they constantly suspended my account due to "resource usage" and their support took forever to respond, use someone else, there are better alternatives

Krumble

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Update: They resolved my privacy issue and offered three months of free hosting that I had them convert into upgraded customer service. I am sure it will not make a huge difference but we will see.

I realize there is better hosting and more professional hosting out there. I am at a point where I am not sure if I should spend more to get into a better hosting home or develop my web presence and attain some form of following and traffic before putting more money into the infrastructure. I know these conversations have taken place many times on these forums.

Is it difficult to migrate your content to other hosts once it is developed? If the migration process is not bad I may just stick with JustHot for a bit and see if I can go from concept to something of value before I move.

Thank you for the feedback Rockefeller.

Regards,

Krumble

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have an account with them but my account gets hacked many times and I am transferring those sites under Justhost account to my VPS and reseller accounts.

Wouldn't recommend them if you are serious about websites.

Krumble

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have an account with them but my account gets hacked many times and I am transferring those sites under Justhost account to my VPS and reseller accounts.

Wouldn't recommend them if you are serious about websites.

Would something like hostgator be better or would I be trading one bad host for another? I really just need prices around the same as JustHot with all the cPanel options. I know there is a ton of options for consumers these days.

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hostgator and Bluehost are both decent hosts for shared hosting. If you want to get moderately serious, I'd recommend a managed VPS account. They run around $50 a month compared to the 6-10 for a shared, but you have much more control, way more resources, and a lot less hassles. I use Knownhost.com and they have been fantastic (and quick) with any support needs.

Really depends on what you want to do. I still keep a Bluehost account active that has a few sites on it - I like the simple scripts plug-in they use for installing Wordpress or joomla - much better than Fantastico (IMHO)

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hostgator and justhost are really only meant for lower level sites, that's why they only charge like $8/month

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom